- 2 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 18 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 20 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 22 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Good news for commuters: Driverless taxi pods to connect Greater Noida with Jewar airport
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Upul Tharanga outshines Brian Lara in Sri Lanka Legends' win over WI Legends
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 14 Grand Finale Replaces Kundali Bhagya On The Chart
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
EeVe India is all set to launch their range of electric scooters in the market next month. The 4U, the Xeniaa, the Wind, and the Your are the four electric scooters which are due to launch. The bookings for the entire range has already begun with a refundable booking amount of Rs 1,000.
EeVe will produce its electric scooters at the company's fully integrated manufacturing unit in Odisha near Cuttack. The production plant has an annual capacity of 2.5 lakh units.
The Xeniaa and the 4U are offered as premium scooters among four. The Xeniaa and the 4U will feature a Bosch sourced 250 Watt electric motor, and a 60 V 20 AH Lithium-ion battery pack.
These scooters can travel between 60 and 70 kilometers on a single charge. Time taken to recharge the battery from 0 to 100 percent is between four and six hours. Other features that stand out are replaceable batteries, and dual-disc brakes.
The Wind and the Your are relatively lower-spec models from the company's range. The Wind and the Your also feature 250 Watt motors, and a 60 v 20 AH battery pack. However, the battery featured on these two models are of the lead-acid type.
The range and the charging time are relatively lower than the top-range models. The Wind and the Your can travel roughy between 50 and 60 kilometers over a single charge, and the charging time stands at between seven and eight hours. Unlike the top-spec models, the batteries on the Wind and the Your are not swappable. All scooters across the range can hit a top speed of 25kmph.
EeVe has equipped their entire range with keyless access, an anti-theft lock, a USB port, and HL LED lighting as standard. The other common features across the range include telescopic front forks and a twin-shock setup at the rear . The entire range come with 10-inch alloy wheels and tubeless tyres at both ends.
Images from their official website also reveals that The Wind and the Your will feature a backrest for the pillion rider. Unfortunately the entire EeVe range of scooters will not qualify for any subsidy under the FAME-ll scheme.
The scooters do not comply with top speed and range criteria. Top speed and range have to be a minimum of 40kmph and 80kmph respectively, in order to qualify for the benefits under the FAME-ll scheme.
Hero recently launched the Optima ER, Nyx, and Dash range of electric scooters. With Bengling gearing up for the Aura launch, the competition for electric scooters in the market is heating up. The current leader in the segment is the Ather 450.
Thoughts About The EeVe Electric Scooter Range
The market for electric scooters is expanding with new scooters being launched every other week. This is happening because India shifting towards Electric vehicles. We think that the EeVe, if priced right, can sell in numbers which will work for short commutes around the city.