- 8 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 11 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 11 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Ducati has launched a special-edition Panigale V4 in the Indian market. The Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 is priced at Rs 54.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Only 500 units of the motorcycle are available worldwide; all of which have received a number of cosmetic and mechanical changes. This includes the bike number 5 (Carlin Dunne's bike number) which will be auctioned off; with the proceeds going to a fund-raising effort in memory of Carlin Dunne.
The special and limited-edition Panigale V4 celebrates 25-years of the iconic Ducati 916 motorcycle. The special edition model, called ‘Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916' was unveiled a couple of days back at Pebble Beach, California, USA. The unveiling of the ‘Anniversario 916' model took place in the presence of Carl Fogarty — a four-time World Superbike Championships (WSBK) with the Ducati 916.
The model is now the most expensive version of the Panigale V4 available in the Indian market. This record was previously held by the Panigale V4 Speciale and the V4 R versions; priced at Rs 51.81 lakh and Rs 51.87 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Sergi Canovas, Managing Director of Ducati India stated,
"The Ducati 916 is one of the most iconic motorcycles to have come out of the Borgo Panigale factory and it redefined design and performance at its time."
"At Ducati, we're very proud of our heritage and what better way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 916 than to produce an ultra-exclusive version of the Panigale V4, recognizing our present and the past."
"The Panigale V4 25° Anniversary 916 is coming to India and I'm sure bike enthusiasts and collectors alike will appreciate its uniqueness."
In terms of mechanicals, the Anniversario 916 edition is based on the Panigale V4 S. This includes the 1,103cc V4 engine producing 214bhp and 124Nm of torque. However, it does also borrow certain components from the more track-focused V4 R variant. This includes the sportier frame, dry clutch, track-specific electronics, traction control system and the quick-shifter system as well.
Design-wise, the Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 model comes with a special livery, paying tribute to that on the original Ducati 916. The new special edition model will also get forged magnesium wheels, titanium Akrapovic exhaust and a bunch of other performance components, including a ton of carbon-fibre parts as well.
Thoughts On The Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916
The Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 is an extremely special motorcycle, paying tribute to one of the most iconic superbikes from the brand. Priced at Rs 54.90 lakh, Ducati will start deliveries from October 2019. Being a special-edition as well, owners will also get a certificate of authenticity with the motorcycle.