- 22 hrs ago Honda Introduces A New Finance Scheme For Its Customers: Only For A Limited Time Period
- 23 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights From Two-Wheeler Market From Last Week
- 1 day ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 day ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News Ceasefire violations by Pakistan goes up amidst China stand off
- Finance Income Tax Dept. Modifies TDS Rules, Forms Ask For More Information
- Movies Cobra: Director Ajay Gnanamuthu Takes Voluntary Pay Cut For The Vikram Starrer
- Sports Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa: Victorious Anfield homecoming for champions
- Technology Vivo Y70 With Exynos 880 SoC Leaked; Likely To Offer Identical Features As Y70s
- Lifestyle Kim Kardashian Once Again Spruces Up Her Hair Colour And This Time It's Blazing Red
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Ducati will be launching a naked motorcycle based on the Panigale V4. The Ducati Panigale V4 is one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever built. It doesn't just look good but also has top-notch performance with the V4 R pushing out 221bhp.
The supersport motorcycle has been blitzing racetracks across the world and in many cases, it even broke lap records. The Panigale V4 series then has so far been a great success for Ducati.
However, supersport motorcycles just aren't everyone's cup of tea. Not everybody can handle an advanced supersport like the Panigale V4, and moreover, the Panigale V4 was always designed to be track tool and not as a comfortable daily ride.
All these factors together give rise to an opportunity for Ducati to develop a new naked motorcycle based on the V4 platform and powered by the same engine. Ducati's CEO Claudio Domenicali might have spilled the beans in a recent interview with Swiss motorcycle website AcidMoto.
On the sidelines of the Geneva Motor Show, Claudio Domenicali was approached with a few questions and one of those questions was if the V4 engine would be found on a streetfighter motorcycle.
Instead of giving a direct answer, Domenicali responded with a question asking if Ducati should produce such a motorcycle. Upon being told that there was a lot of interest for such a motorcycle, Domenicali was quoted as saying, "Then she will be there as soon as possible."
This answer did not confirm if the motorcycle was already under development or if a prototype has already been made. But the good news is, such a motorcycle has been confirmed by the Ducati boss himself.
Right now, it is unclear as to how the motorcycle will look. Ducati will obviously follow their new design language with more curves and smooth edges that makes their motorcycles look aggressive yet beautiful.
What is clear though is that it will be powered by the lovely liquid-cooled 1,103cc V4 engine. It is a 90-degree V4 engine with Ducati's signature desmodromic valve actuation system and it features a counter-rotating crankshaft.
In the standard Ducati Panigale V4, the engine produces a maximum power output of 214bhp at 13,000rpm and a peak torque output of 124Nm at 10,000rpm. When it comes to the naked bike though, the engine will in all probability be detuned for a lower power output, but torque figures might increase by just a little.
Thoughts On Ducati's New V4-Powered Naked Motorcycle
The upcoming naked motorcycle from Ducati will surely outsell its faired sibling in a short period of time, simply because it will be more usable and practical. Performance too will be blistering. Italian design house Officine GP had revealed a motorcycle they created based on the Ducati Panigale V4.
Called the V4 Penta, it looked absolutely stunning, but it was being sold at nearly Rs 74.5 lakh. A standard Ducati Panigale V4 on the other hand has an ex-showroom price of Rs 20.53 lakh. The naked motorcycle from Ducati therefore will have a price tag of around Rs 18-19 lakh, making it more affordable as well.