- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News BJP govt times surgical strikes with elections: Congress' Akhilesh Singh
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
While the Ducati-built Multistrada is a very versatile motorcycle, and has an adventure-tourer status, it is mostly a road-biased motorcycle. Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati 'took care' of this in 2016 by launching an Enduro variant of the Multistrada. Now, three years later, the company is set to launch the Multistrada Enduro 1260 in India. The motorcycle is scheduled to be launched on 9 July 2019.
The all-new Ducati Multistrada Enduro 1260 features the Testastretta DVT engine that was also seen on the road-variant Multistrada 1260. The engine is a 1,262cc twin that produces 158hp @ 9,500rpm and 128Nm of torque @ 7,500rpm. That is a lot of power for a machine that weighs 256kg. The motor will come mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, and will feature a quick shifter.
Also on offer is a mind blowing electronics package that includes a six-axis IMU, cornering ABS, four customizable riding modes (Urban, Sport, Touring and Enduro), Ducati Wheelie Control, Ducati Traction Control, Vehicle Hold Control (hill-hold assist), and a Sky-hook suspension package. The motorcycle features 5.0-inch TFT display that allows pairing with a smartphone, allowing for riders to monitor ride statics and alter the motorcycle's setup.
The Multistrada Enduro 1260 is a tall motorcycle. However, Ducati has made changes in order to capture a wider audience. Suspension travel at either end has been reduced to 185mm (from the previous 200mm), and the standard seat height has been reduced from 870mm to 860mm.
Also on offer is a low seat height option of 840mm. The 1260 Enduro features tubeless Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyres, 120/70 R19 at the front and 170/60 R17 at the rear, and features wire-spoke wheels.
Once launched, the Ducati Multistrada Enduro 1260 will compete with the BMW R 1250 GS Adventure — a motorcycle that is considered the king of the segment. It will also compete with the Triumph Tiger 1200 XCX.
Considering the add-on kits and enhanced abilities, Ducati is expected to charge a premium over the Multistrada 1260 that retails at Rs 17.8 lakh, and the Multistrada 1200 Enduro, which retails at Rs 18.03 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Ducati Multistrada Enduro 1260
This is dream machine to have for an adventure-tourer enthusiast. The motorcycle looks great, and we're sure the newest Ducati will perform as well as the other Ducati's have. We can't wait to see the motorcycle in the flesh, and we will reveal all details over the launch.