- 23 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 24 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 41 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Sports Wriddhiman 3.0 ready to 'shoulder' responsibility as India A take on West Indies A
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Wishes She Gets To Play A Superhero In An Avengers Style Movie!
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The all-new Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro has been launched in the Indian market at a price of Rs 19.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). The Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro replaces the Multistrada 1200 Enduro and comes with top shelf cycle parts and features that could put most other motorcycles to shame.
The Ducati Multistrada is a very capable motorcycle that can easily travel across continents without stressing the rider out. It is one of those engineering marvels that is comfortable on a racetrack, amidst traffic, off-the road and even out on the highway, munching miles.
However, there are a select few who wanted a motorcycle that was more dedicated to off-road riding and that was when the Enduro variant was birthed. The Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro was first launched back in 2016 and adventure enthusiasts loved the gigantic motorcycle for its ability to handle rough terrain and off-road riding conditions.
It was however, becoming old and Ducati needed a replacement for it. The replacement is now here in the form of the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro. The Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro offers the best in terms of an adventure tourer.
The motorcycle is powered by a liquid-cooled, 1,262cc, L-twin engine with a maximum power output of 158.4bhp at 9,500RPM and a peak torque output of 128Nm at 7,500RPM. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. An up-down Ducati Quick Shifter comes as standard equipment.
It is the same engine as the standard Multistrada 1260 but the Enduro comes with several other enhancements that makes it more off-road ready. The Italian motorcycle manufacturer claims that 85% of maximum torque is available below 3,500RPM.
Ducati also claims that the Multistrada 1260 Enduro has the highest torque at 4,000 rpm, which is typically where most riders in the segment spend their riding time. The Ducati Multistrada Enduro comes with one of the most comprehensive electronics packages of any motorcycle on sale today.
It features a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) that works in tandem with various electronic softwares such as cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Vehicle Hold Control and the Skyhook suspension system.
The motorcycle also boasts of four riding modes - Urban, Sport, Touring & Enduro. Each of these riding modes is customisable. Instrumentation duties are handled by a 5.0-inch TFT display that provides a plethora of information to the rider. A smartphone can be paired to the TFT display which would then allow the rider to make changes to the motorcycle's setup via an app on the phone.
Ducati has dropped the seat height to 860mm which is 10mm lower than the 1200 Enduro. In true Enduro fashion, the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro rides on off-road biased Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyres wrapped around wire-spoke wheels.
At 254 kilograms, the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro is one of the heavier motorcycles in the market. In the Indian market, the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro will compete with the likes of the Triumph Tiger 1200XCx and the revered BMW R 1250 GS.
Sergi Canovas, Managing Director of Ducati India said, "The all-new adventure tourer is armed with all the necessary credentials to take on the toughest terrains that can be thrown at it. Built to impress, the all-new Multistrada 1260 Enduro is now more accessible and is poised to impress & excite hardcore adventure riders. Occupying the sporty end of the adventure bike spectrum, the Multistrada 1260 Enduro marks an all-new chapter for true off-road enthusiasts and adventure tourers in India."
Thoughts On Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro Launched In India
The standard Ducati Multistrada 1260 in itself is one of the most versatile motorcycles out there. The Enduro though takes off-road ability to the next level. However, it comes at a price. The 1260 Enduro costs Rs 2.2 lakhs more than the standard 1260.
Ducati of course justifies it because of the premium cycle parts on the motorcycle that makes it perfect for off-roading. Is it still worth the money though when the standard multistrada can do almost everything well?