- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Seeking Tax Relief For Hybrid And CNG Vehicles To Promote Sales Over Electric Vehicles
- 6 hrs ago Hero Electric Optima ER & Nyx ER Electric Scooters Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,721
- Movies Malaika Arora Wishes Everyone A Happy Week With This Yoga Inspiration Post!
- News DMK to protest in Delhi seeking release of Kashmir leaders under house arrest
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Sports KL Rahul opens up on his link-up rumours with Bollywood actresses, makes a bold statement
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views From Stakeholders On MNP
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ducati India will be launching the Diavel 1260 in India in August, which is the successor of the Diavel 1200. The power cruiser has already landed on Indian shores this year. The motorcycle was unveiled at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan.
Just like the Diavel 1200, the new Ducati Diavel 1260 will also be available in two variants, Standard and S. However, the S variant will be the top of the line one and will feature fully adjustable Öhlins suspensions at both ends, Brembo M50 callipers, Ducati Quick Shift up & down Evo (DQS) and Ducati Multimedia System that works with Ducati Link App.
Ducati has upgraded the Diavel 1260's chassis for better handling and has also used a new tubular steel Trellis frame which makes it lighter than its predecessor.
The motorcycle continues to ride on 17-inch wheels and the rear section will feature a 240-section tyre. One of the main highlights of the motorcycle is the single-sided swingarm, which gives it an unusual look.
Powering the new power cruiser (both the Standard and the S) is a 1,262 cc, Ducati Testastretta DVT, L-twin cylinder, 8-valves, liquid-cooled engine. The engine will be equipped with Ducati's Desmodromic Variable Timing.
The Diavel 1260 will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and will pump out 159bhp of power at 9,500rpm and 129Nm of peak torque at 7,500 rpm. The new Diavel will also be getting three riding modes - Sport, Touring and Urban.
The Diavel 1260 gets an electronic package which features a 6-axis Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU). Electronic rider aids include Bosch Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, cruise control, 3.5" TFT colour display, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO and Ducati Power Launch (DPL) EVO.
The new power cruiser will carry a premium over the previous model - Diavel 1200. However, we are expecting the Standard variant to be priced at Rs 18 lakh ex-showroom and the S variant to be around the 20.5 lakh ex-showroom. Also, the Diavel 1260 will make its way to the Indian market via the CBU route from Thailand.
Thoughts On The New Ducati Diavel 1260
The previous generation Diavel 1200 was a fast and good looking motorcycle. But, the new Diavel 1260, with all the updated features will be an absolute maniac, so let's wait and watch!