TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Stage 9 results of Dakar 2019 are out and it is a proud moment for India. Michael Metge from Sherco TVS Racing was the first one to cross the finish line. This is the first time an Indian team has finished a stage in this year's Dakar rally, in the top position.
Dakar 2019 Stage 9 looped around Pisco and advanced through the Ica desert. The 80km dune sector at the beginning and the coastal dunes marked by the infamous 'subida de los burros', or 'the rise of the donkeys' gave way for a spectacular view. Stage 9 extended to a length of 409km (96km liaison; 313km special) — check out the results of Stage 8.
At the end of the penultimate stage of Dakar 2019, Michael Metge came first as mentioned before (22nd overall). Following close were Daniel Nosiglia (Monster Energy Honda) and Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna) who finished in the second and third positions, respectively.
Shero TVS Racing's other riders, Adrien Metge (brother to Michael Metge) maintained consistency by finishing in the 20th place (23rd overall), while Aravind KP is inching closer to his first Dakar finish (the second Indian to finish Dakar, after CS Santosh). Aravind faced some mechanical issues on the way and crossed the line in the 55th position; landing him at 39th position overall.
Meanwhile, Oriol Mena from Hero MotoSports finished Stage 9 at 10th position and jumped to the 9th position in the overall standings. His teammate, Joaquim Rodrigues came 18th in the stage and ended up 17th overall.
With just one more stage to go, both Indian teams are willing to lend all kinds of support to their riders. As for the riders, they are determined to make their teams proud by at least getting in the top 10.
Michael Metge showcased a stellar performance in the ninth stage of Dakar 2019 and is expected to do the same in the final. Both Sherco TVS Racing and Hero MotoSports are getting ready to give everything they got in Stage 10, which goes from Pisco to Lima.