- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Stage 2 results of 2019 Dakar rally are out. The second stage started on January 8th in Pisco and ended in San Juan de Marcona, with participants covering 552 kilometres and a 342-kilometre special. Compared to four-wheelers, the Moto category contestants had a tough time dealing with rough terrain. Check out the results of stage 1.
The Indian teams, Hero MotoSports and Sherco TVS, faced a lot of challenges navigating through the tricky section, yet managed to secure decent positions. In fact, Lorenzo Santolino made an impressive jump from 24th position in Stage 1 to 12th in the second stage.
Speaking about the feat, Lorenzo said, "I stayed consistent throughout the stage trying to push a little when I could, I felt good in the dunes and I was careful in the fech fech (fine powder found in deserts, in addition to the sand). Everything is going well with the motorcycle and the team."
Adrien Metge and Aravind KP finished in 16th and 61st positions, respectively. Aravind KP had a tough time in the first stage, but he has improved his results in the second. Meanwhile, Michael Metge faced a fuel outage, just 7km away from a checkpoint.
Coming to Hero MotoSports, Oriol Mena finished in the 17th position compared to 14th in Stage 1. "Today was a really good stage for me. The stage had a mix of hard piste, dunes and some seaside as well, so it was interesting to ride. It was a crazy fast stage but I felt good today and the bike performed perfectly. So another day in the bag and that's what matters for me", he shared.
Meanwhile, CS Santosh was troubled by a clutch issue which made him ride cautiously rather than competitively. He finished 37th and shared, "Day 2 for me started really well and I had a good rhythm going for the first 80 to 90km. Then on I started sensing some trouble with my clutch and decided to ease off to make it to the finish line safely. Had a good stage today and now we fix the glitch and go racing again tomorrow".
15. Lorenzo Santolino
17. Adrien Metge
61. Aravind KP
14. Oriol Mena
32. Joaquim Rodrigues
33. CS Santosh
1. Joan Barreda Bort
2. Matthias Walkner
3. Ricky Brabec
The second stage of Dakar 2019 was good for Sherco TVS, but not so much for Hero MotoSports. However, both teams are determined to excel in Stage 3 which goes from San Juan de Marcona to Arequipa.