- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
BMW Motorrad India has launched the 2019 S 1000 RR model in the Indian market. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is available in three variants: Standard, Pro and Pro M Sport. The 'standard' variant is available with a price tag of Rs 18.50 lakh; the 'Pro' variant is priced at Rs 20.95 lakh while the top-spec 'Pro M Sport' variant is offered with a price tag of Rs 22.95 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The bookings for the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is now open, with deliveries of the litre-class superbike starting soon. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR now comes with a completely updated design along with a revised engine and mechanicals, which now offer increased power output figures.
In terms of appearance, the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR comes with an updated design, which is more compact and agile than the previous generation models. The main change comes in the form of the twin-LED headlamp units up front; replacing the iconic asymmetrical headlamp units on the previous models. The fairing on the 2019 S 1000 RR has also been updated, now exposing more of the engine. The rear also now receives LED tail lights with LED turn indicators.
BMW has also updated the engine, which is now more powerful than before. It is powered by the same 999cc in-line four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 207bhp at 13,500rpm and 113Nm of torque at 11,000rpm; an increase of 8bhp from the older model. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox with slipper clutch and a bi-directional quick-shifter offered as standard.
Being more compact than before, the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is now 11kg lighter, weighing in at 196kg (dry weight). This weight reduction is mainly due to the use of lighter materials for the working components, redesigned chassis and a WSBK-inspired swingarm.
The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR comes with a host of features and equipment. Some of these include: six-axis IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), cornering ABS, Traction Control, Hill-Start Assist, Engine Braking Control and a 6.5-inch TFT screen with smartphone connectivity through Bluetooth. It also comes with four different riding modes: Rain, Road, Race and Dynamic.
BMW also offers the 2019 S 1000 RR with a more sport-oriented 'M' package, which adds additional features such as Wheelie Control, Launch Control, Slide Control and an additional 'Race Pro' riding mode.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR Launch
The BMW S 1000 RR is one of the most iconic litre-class motorcycles in the market. It offers a host of features and equipments for both road and track usage. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR continues to rival the likes of the Yamaha YZF-R1, Kawasaki ZX-10R, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade and the Ducati Panigale V4.