- 10 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 'Unfortunate': Akali Dal attacks BJP on farm bills
- Sports Liverpool confirm Jota signing for reported £45m
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Promo: Sidharth Shukla And Gauahar Khan Join Salman In Promising An Entertaining Season
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
BMW has completed the 50th anniversary of their /5 Series motorcycle models. Also, they have completed 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in the Berlin Spandau factory.
Now, to celebrate both the 50th anniversaries, the German two-wheeler brand has introduced a limited edition BMW R nineT /5 model. The new limited R nineT /5 model is based on the outgoing BMW R nineT model.
The motorcycle pays tribute to /5 series products such as the R 50/5, R 60/5 and R 75/5. As far as the design and styling go, the BMW R nineT /5 limited edition comes with a Lupine Blue metallic paint with smoke effect. Also, the fuel tank gets a double line marking, which has the anniversary emblem embedded, along with tank-pads.
The chrome treatment for the exhaust manifold and the rear view mirrors accentuates the retro-styling of the R nineT /5. Other than that, the upgrades include a double seat that is contoured in the style of the /5 and a grab strap for the pillion. There are heated grips and seats as standard on the motorcycle. Other details include fork gaiters, spoked wheels and aluminium finished wheel hubs for the motorcycle a classic old-school look.
The limited edition R nineT /5 draws power from the standard BMW R nineT model. The engine is a 1,170 cc air/oil-cooled, Boxer flat twin, 4-stroke engine. Power figures are 108.5bhp at 7,750 rpm and 116Nm of peak torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Other modern features include ABS, ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch wheels on both ends, while braking duties are handled by 320 mm dual discs at the front and a 265 mm single disc at the rear. Prices of the limited edition model are yet to be announced.
Thoughts On The Limited Edition BMW R nineT /5
By introducing this limited edition motorcycle the company will not only celebrate its 50th anniversary but also keep the trend and the legacy of the retro classics with all the modern touches.