- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- News NASA’s LRO snaps a series of images of Vikram Lander during its flyby
- Movies Kaappaan Twitter Review: Here’s What Movie Buffs Feel About The Suriya Starrer
- Technology Best Snapdragon 855 Smartphones In India Right Now
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 Astana: Greenwood's first goal settles Group L opener
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
BMW has completed the 50th anniversary of their /5 Series motorcycle models. Also, they have completed 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in the Berlin Spandau factory.
Now, to celebrate both the 50th anniversaries, the German two-wheeler brand has introduced a limited edition BMW R nineT /5 model. The new limited R nineT /5 model is based on the outgoing BMW R nineT model.
The motorcycle pays tribute to /5 series products such as the R 50/5, R 60/5 and R 75/5. As far as the design and styling go, the BMW R nineT /5 limited edition comes with a Lupine Blue metallic paint with smoke effect. Also, the fuel tank gets a double line marking, which has the anniversary emblem embedded, along with tank-pads.
The chrome treatment for the exhaust manifold and the rear view mirrors accentuates the retro-styling of the R nineT /5. Other than that, the upgrades include a double seat that is contoured in the style of the /5 and a grab strap for the pillion. There are heated grips and seats as standard on the motorcycle. Other details include fork gaiters, spoked wheels and aluminium finished wheel hubs for the motorcycle a classic old-school look.
The limited edition R nineT /5 draws power from the standard BMW R nineT model. The engine is a 1,170 cc air/oil-cooled, Boxer flat twin, 4-stroke engine. Power figures are 108.5bhp at 7,750 rpm and 116Nm of peak torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Other modern features include ABS, ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch wheels on both ends, while braking duties are handled by 320 mm dual discs at the front and a 265 mm single disc at the rear. Prices of the limited edition model are yet to be announced.
Thoughts On The Limited Edition BMW R nineT /5
By introducing this limited edition motorcycle the company will not only celebrate its 50th anniversary but also keep the trend and the legacy of the retro classics with all the modern touches.