- 1 min ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 1 hr ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 2 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- 3 hrs ago Tata Harrier Dark BS6 Special Edition SUV Started To Arrive At Dealerships
- Sports IPL would be 'terrific alternative' if T20 World Cup is postponed, says Steve Smith
- Technology iQOO 3 Witness Major Price Drops For Indian Market; New Price And Deals
- News ISRO congratulates NASA, SpaceX for their "historic" manned mission
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Lifestyle 12 Personality Traits Of People Born In The Month Of June That Make Them Special
- Finance Voltas Jumps Over 11% On Q4 Results, Brokerage Calls
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Texas based custom motorcycle builder Revival Customs unveiled "The Revival Birdcage" based on a prototype BMW engine called the "Big Boxer". The custom motorcycle was revealed last Thursday at the Handbuilt Show in Austin, Texas. The custom motorcycle is a work of art featuring a titanium trellis frame, and bird like handlebars.
Hidden within the press release was a huge announcement from BMW Motorrad. They say they will enter the US cruiser markets with a concept motorcycle scheduled to be revealed during the first half of 2019. They will also display a "series production motorcycle with the Bog Boxer for the cruiser segment during the course of 2020.
The Revival Birdcage is the second custom motorcycle to feature the BMW Bix Boxer engine. Last December, Japanese custom motorcycle builder Custom Works Zon displayed their custom build called "The Departed" at the Hot Rod Custom Show in Yokohama, Japan.
While BMW has not offered details about the Big Boxer, custom builders like it for it's physical size, and aesthetic appeal. Noticeable features of the Big Boxer engine are cooling fins and visible pushrods. All BMW says about the engine is that it is a "large displacement"
BMW Motorrad is riding high on the success of the R nineT. BMW Motorrad offer three variants of the R nineT in India, the standard R nineT, and the R nineT Scrambler, and the R nineT The motorcycles feature a 1.2-litre air/ oil cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine that draws 110bhp of power @ 7,550rpm, and 116Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm. The engines are mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The standard R nineT draws 119Nm of torque @ 6,000rpm.
Prices for the R nineT models vary from Rs 15.55 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 17.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). BMW also allows for customization of these machines. All custom parts and paint jobs can be ordered ex-factory. Some of the custom parts available are HP Carbon cover for valve support, HP Carbon cover for oil intake snorkel, HP Carbon ignition steering lock, machined cylinder head covers, custom seats, soft bags and tank bags.
Thoughts On "The Revival Birdcage"
While all custom motorcycles have some charm and beauty, we wonder how many of these work on an every day basis in the real world. Having said that, fantastic job Revival Customs!