- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Bike Sales Report For September 2019. The sales performance report has been released by various major two-wheeler brands in the Indian market. This includes Hero MotoCorp, TVS Motor, Honda, Bajaj and Suzuki. The sales report of the brands showcases a mixed performance in the month of September with TVS and Suzuki being the only brands registering a growth amidst the consistent decline in sales in 2019.
Here is the sales performance of some of the major two-wheeler manufacturers in the country.
Hero MotoCorp is the country's largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world. The company has been facing the effects of the auto industry slowdown. The month of September was no different, with Hero recording 612,204 units of sales. This is a decline of 20.4% from September 2018 when it registered 769,138 units of sales.
However, compared to the monthly sales of August 2019, Hero has registered a 12.6% growth. August 2019 saw the company record just 543,046 units of sales in the Indian market.
TVS Motors, another Indian bike manufacturer in the country has also witnessed a drop in sales during the month of September 2019. The company registered a 25.48% decline in sales from 423,939 units in September 2018 to 315,912 units in the last month. However, the company did improve in terms of monthly sales. TVS registered a 9% growth in the market compared to August 2019.
In terms of exports, the company registered a significant 17% growth in September 2019. The company registered 71,569 units of export sales in the previous month, compared to 61,192 units of exports in September 2018.
Bajaj registered a massive drop of 35% in domestic sales. The company which recorded 273,029 units of sales in September 2018, managed to register just 177,348 units last month.
Exports sales did, however, register a growth, although by a marginal 1%. Bajaj registered 159,382 units of sales in September 2019 compared to 157,910 units during the same month last year.
Suzuki registered year-on-year growth in the Indian market. Overall sales of Suzuki stood at 73,658 units of sales, compared to 72,134 units in September 2018; an increase of 2.11%. Domestic sales, however, were flat with just a 0.38% growth from 63,140 to 63,382 units.
Koichiro Hirao, Managing Director, Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. said,
"We feel proud to share with you that SMIPL recorded the highest-ever domestic monthly sales for the current fiscal year upholding our positive growth trajectory. We are thankful to our customers, dealer partners and network for extending their immense trust and support for Suzuki products. As we step in the festive season, SMIPL is confident to add more customers to the Suzuki family as we strive to achieve newer sales milestones. As we celebrate our robust sales, SMIPL wishes a very happy and joyous festive season to everyone."
Honda has registered a drop in sales of 12.6% in the Indian market during the month of September 2019. The company registered just 485,659 units of sales in the previous month, compared to 555,730 units of sales in September 2018.
Of the total units sold by HMSI, 455,892 units were from domestic sales while the remaining 29,767 units were from exports. Honda expects an improvement in sales from October, as the festive season gets in full swing.
Thoughts On The Bike Sales Report For September 2019
The Indian auto industry has been witnessing major slowdown in sales over the past 10 months. Two-wheeler manufacturers have also been affected by the slowdown in sales, however, with the arrival of the festive season, companies are expecting an improvement in the coming months.