- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Bike Sales Report August 2019: The bike sales for the month of August 2019 has been released by many major two-wheeler manufacturers in the country. Amidst the slowdown of the auto industry, two-wheeler manufacturers have managed to record a growth in the market.
Here are five of the top bike manufacturers in the Indian market and their sales performance report for the month of August 2019:
India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp has registered a growth in its sales compared to its sales in July 2019. In the previous month, Hero MotoCorp registered 543,406 units of sales; a marginal 1.5 per cent growth compared to July 2019.
Hero Motocorp has a number of offerings in its lineup. This includes the Hero Splendor, which was the top-selling bike in the market in the month of July 2019.
The Chennai-based bike manufacturer has recorded a decline in sales of 24 per cent in the month of August 2019. Royal Enfield registered sales of 5,904 units of sales in the previous month, against 69,377 units in August 2018.
When comparing the year-to-date sales in India, Royal Enfield sales has recorded a de-growth of around 20 per cent. The company which sold 363,801 units between April-August 2018, managed to sell just 290,798 units during the same period this year.
Bajaj Auto India
Bajaj Auto is yet another brand in the country, which has faced a decline in domestic sales of around 21 per cent in the previous month. The company sold 173,024 units in August 2019 as compared to 218,437 units in the same month last year.
The exports on the other hand, increased by a decent 5 per cent. Bajaj Auto, which recorded 144,486 units of sales in August 2018 recorded a higher number of sales in the previous month with 173,024 units.
TVS Motors is another two-wheeler manufacturer which has been affected by the slowdown in the Indian auto industry. The company registered sales of 275,851 units of sales in August 2019 as compared to 330,076 units of sales during the same month last year; a decline of 15.37 per cent.
In terms of the domestic market alone, TVS sold 219,528 units in August 2019 which is a drop of 20.37 per cent from August 2018 when it recorded 275,688 units of sales. Among this, the company registered 109,393 units of motorcycles and 109,272 units of scooters.
Suzuki Motorcycles India
Suzuki Motorcycles is among the few two-wheeler brands in India to register a sales growth in the month of August 2019. The company sold 71,631 units last month, which is a marginal 2.2 per cent growth compared to the same period last year.
Devashish Handa, VP, Suzuki Motorcycles India Pvt Ltd., stated,
"SMIPL continues the growth momentum, despite the significant short-term impact of floods in the strong Suzuki markets and the ongoing industry decline for the 10th month in succession. Weak consumer sentiments have been one of the key reasons for the downward trend in the auto industry. Even under these challenging times, SMIPL has been able to prove its mettle."
Thoughts On the Bike Sales Report August 2019
The auto industry has been consistently affecting sales of both four and two-wheelers in India for the past nine months. However, certain manufacturers have been able to post a growth in sales in the market (although marginally). Industry experts believe that the slowdown in the auto sector is set to improve with the onset of the festive season.