- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 6 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Honda Activa 5G still remains the best-selling scooter in India; following the trend set by all of its predecessors. Launched back in February 2018, the Honda Activa 5G is currently priced from around Rs 54,200 ex-showroom (Delhi). It comes in two formats: STD and DLX; out of which the latter comes at a price tag of Rs 56,000.
The Japanese two-wheeler brand sold 2,13,302 Honda Activa 5G units in January 2019. The Suzuki Access, which comes second on the list of best-selling scooters of January 2019, sold only 54,524 units. The total of 4,49,470 scooters were sold in the country last month and the Activa 5G contributes to almost 50 per cent of this figure.
In 2018, Honda sold 30,93,481 units of the Active 5G. This not only made it the best-selling scooter in India, but also the best-selling two-wheeler; showcasing a tight competition with the Hero Splendor — the best-selling motorcycle in the country.
The Honda Activa was first introduced in India back in 2000. It was a fresh offering for the wide majority of Indians who were used to riding the iconic Kinetic Honda, Chetak or Bajaj Sunny. In fact, the Honda Activa started the four-stroke CVT scooter wave in the country. The Activa has gone through five generations and is also offered in 125cc and 'Activa-i' variants.
Compared to the previous versions, the new Honda Activa 5G offers some extra features. The main inclusion is the full-LED headlamp; something which Honda has introduced in almost all its products. Other features include the semi-digital instrument cluster, mobile-charging port, 4-in-1 locking with seat-release, service reminder, Combi-Braking System (CBS) and the all-metal body.
The Honda Activa 5G comes powered by a 109.19cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine that makes a decent 8bhp and 9Nm of torque. It has a claimed top speed of 83km/h and a mileage figure close to 60km/l.
The Indian scooter market has a lot of desirable products to choose from. However, the majority still seems to prefer the Activa over the likes of the Suzuki Access, TVS Jupiter, Hero Pleasure and Yamaha Fascino.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Scooter In India
The Honda Activa 5G has got its pillars strong on the Indian market. At least for the coming decade, chances for another scooter to overtake it on the sales chart are very less. As mentioned before, there are better choices on the market (arguably), but none of them have that one thing as much as the Activa has — buyer's trust.