- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 3 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The Benelli Leoncino 500 will be launched in the Indian market on 05 August, 2019. Benelli has put out a teaser image that confirmed the launch date of the Benelli Leoncino 500 in India. The Leoncino is one of the most-awaited benelli models this year, and will expand Benelli's product portfolio by entering into a new segment.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 is a neo-retro styled scrambler motorcycle that is much-loved in international markets where it has been on sale for quite some time. It is light-weight, has great power-to-weight ratio and is therefore more fun-to-ride.
In international markets, the Benelli Leoncino 500 is available in two variants and we expect Benelli to follow the same strategy in India as well. One variant is road-biased, that rides on tarmac-gripping tyres shod on 17-inch wheels.
The other variant rides on dual-purpose tyres and at the front is a 19-inch wheel. Both of them are powered by the same engine and both have the same engine tune as well. The Benelli Leoncino 500 is powered by the same engine as the TRK 502 and TRK 502X.
It is a liquid-cooled, 499cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 47bhp at 8,500rpm and a peak torque output of 46Nm at 6,000rpm. The engine output does seem a little too feeble compared to its competition.
Even motorcycles that slot in the 300-400cc segment push out almost just as much, case in point being the KTM 390 Duke. However, with the Benelli it is about exclusivity and premium feel.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 will give its buyers lots of that as it is an Italian by blood. The design traits are simple and straightforward, yet elegant and classy. Up front is a circular headlamp unit with a reflector and a projector setup.
The tank is shaped well and the seat comes up to the tank scrambler style. The rear is pretty simple and does not take up much space. The registration number plate holder is placed on the tyre hugger.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 rides on a 45mm upside-down for up front and a monoshock at the rear, Braking duties are handled by dual 320mm discs up front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. ABS comes as standard fitment. The Benelli Leoncino 500 will compete with the Ducati Scrambler Icon once launched.
Thoughts On Benelli Leoncino 500 Launch In India On 05 August, 2019
The Benelli Leoncino 500 is not a mass market motorcycle and will appeal only to a particular audience. It will appeal to the audience that the Ducati Scrambler Icon has done so far, but it will be less expensive.
It is expected to retail at around Rs 4.5 lakh ex-showroom, and that is where Benelli just might win the game. Stay tuned for more updates from the launch.