- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
The Benelli Leoncino 500 will be launched in the Indian market on 05 August, 2019. Benelli has put out a teaser image that confirmed the launch date of the Benelli Leoncino 500 in India. The Leoncino is one of the most-awaited benelli models this year, and will expand Benelli's product portfolio by entering into a new segment.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 is a neo-retro styled scrambler motorcycle that is much-loved in international markets where it has been on sale for quite some time. It is light-weight, has great power-to-weight ratio and is therefore more fun-to-ride.
In international markets, the Benelli Leoncino 500 is available in two variants and we expect Benelli to follow the same strategy in India as well. One variant is road-biased, that rides on tarmac-gripping tyres shod on 17-inch wheels.
The other variant rides on dual-purpose tyres and at the front is a 19-inch wheel. Both of them are powered by the same engine and both have the same engine tune as well. The Benelli Leoncino 500 is powered by the same engine as the TRK 502 and TRK 502X.
It is a liquid-cooled, 499cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 47bhp at 8,500rpm and a peak torque output of 46Nm at 6,000rpm. The engine output does seem a little too feeble compared to its competition.
Even motorcycles that slot in the 300-400cc segment push out almost just as much, case in point being the KTM 390 Duke. However, with the Benelli it is about exclusivity and premium feel.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 will give its buyers lots of that as it is an Italian by blood. The design traits are simple and straightforward, yet elegant and classy. Up front is a circular headlamp unit with a reflector and a projector setup.
The tank is shaped well and the seat comes up to the tank scrambler style. The rear is pretty simple and does not take up much space. The registration number plate holder is placed on the tyre hugger.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 rides on a 45mm upside-down for up front and a monoshock at the rear, Braking duties are handled by dual 320mm discs up front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. ABS comes as standard fitment. The Benelli Leoncino 500 will compete with the Ducati Scrambler Icon once launched.
Thoughts On Benelli Leoncino 500 Launch In India On 05 August, 2019
The Benelli Leoncino 500 is not a mass market motorcycle and will appeal only to a particular audience. It will appeal to the audience that the Ducati Scrambler Icon has done so far, but it will be less expensive.
It is expected to retail at around Rs 4.5 lakh ex-showroom, and that is where Benelli just might win the game. Stay tuned for more updates from the launch.