- 40 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Benelli has done well ever since it made a comeback in the country. The company's TRK 502 and TRK 502X models have done very well for the company, and with the aim of cashing in on the success, Benelli is getting ready to launch the Leoncino 500 in the Indian market.
The company is gearing up to launch their next product, the Leoncino 500. Benelli announced that this scrambler styled motorcycle was to be it's next offering for India. The announcement was made during the launch of the new TRK 502.
Rumor has it that the Leoncino 500 will be available at showrooms across the country by August this year. And ahead of its launch, Benelli has been dropping teasers on it's social media accounts.
While the Leoncino 500 is available in three different variants in international markets, we expect that Benelli will offer the Standard variant in India. Depending on how the motorcycle performs, the company may consider adding the Trail and Sport variants to the line up.
This scrambler styled motorcycle will feature the same engine that is on the new TRK adventure tourers. The 500cc parallel-twin engine produces 47.5bhp of peak power and 46Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission. ABS will be on offer as a standard, and braking duties will be handled by dual discs in the front, and one at the rear. The Benelli Leoncino 500 will feature upside-down forks at the front, and a pre-load adjustable mono-shock at the rear.
The Standard variant will arrive with the 13.5-litre fuel tank. Being a more road-biased model, the motorcycle is likely to feature 17-inch alloy wheels at the both ends.
The Leoncino 500 is expected to be positioned just below the TRK 502, so we expect the motorcycle to be priced at roughly Rs 4.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Having said that, we still have to wait for an official statement about pricing from Benelli.
Thoughts About The Benelli Leoncino 500
We think it is about time that Benelli expanded their offerings in the country. Sure, they had a bad experience the first time around, but their second play seems to be doing well. Time to capitalize and make the best of it.
We think the motorcycle looks rather compact, meaning it can be flicked around easily. The Leoncino 500 also looks ready to take on whatever is in front of it; on tarmac of course. Stay tuned for more about the motorcycle.