- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 8 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Benelli India has just increased prices of their new products that launched recently. The TRK 502 was launched at Rs 5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the TRK 502X was launched at Rs 5.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). We now know that these prices were valid for a limited time, and for online bookings only.
According to IndianAutosBlog, Benelli has now increased prices of both motorcycles by Rs 10,000., effectively taking the price of the TRK 502 to Rs 5.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the the price of the TRK 502X to Rs 5.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Benelli says both models have received good responses from the masses and they say that as many as 150 units (combined total) of both variants have been booked. This figures are as of 21 March 2019. Considering the motorcycles were launched in February 2019, these figures are fairly good for Benelli.
Both the Benelli TRK 502 and the Benelli TRK 502X sibling use the same 499.5 parallel twin, liquid-cooled, DOHC (Double Over-Head Cam), 8-valve engine that produces 47bhp of maximum power @ 8,500rpm, and 46Nm or torque @ 6,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The big difference between the two models is that the Benelli TRK 502X gets off-road spec hardware. The motorcycle features a 19-inch front wheel that handles better in an off-road situation. The motorcycle also features wire-spoke wheels and dual-purpose Metzeler tyres. The Benelli TRK 502 on the other hand features 17-inch alloy wheels at both ends, and tubeless Pirelli tyres.
Braking is taking care of by two 320mm discs in the front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. Dual channel ABS comes as standard. The font features a 50mm upside-down shock absorbers, and a vertically-mounted mono-shock at the rear.
Both motorcycles are available in three base colours - Grey, Red, and White. Offered as optionals are the TRK graphics, effectively adding three more colour variants/ combinations for both motorcycles.
Benelli partnered with the DSK Group when it first launched in India. They called off the partnership when DSK ran into financial difficulties and have since partnered with the Mahavir Group. The second partnerships marks the second innings of Benelli in India.
Thoughts About The Price Increase For The Benelli TRK 502 And TRK 502X
Some people may feel cheated by the fact that this introductory offer was available only online, and that it was available for a limited period. Benelli should re-consider price hikes this fast, considering they're just at the beginning of a second partnership in the country.