- 9 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Indian two-wheeler giant Bajaj Auto and Austria based motorcycle manufacturer KTM are supposedly working on new high-end electric motorcycles. This was revealed by Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto, during a recent interview with Moneycontrol.
Bajaj Auto holds a 48 per cent stake in KTM and both companies have been working together for a few years now. For those who are unaware, the Pulsar RS and NS series are a result of this collaboration. Both companies want a share of the electric two-wheeler segment, considering the government is giving it unprecedented support.
When asked for more details, Mr Sharma said, "At this stage I can say that we are entering two-wheelers. We are not ready to say whether it's a scooter or a motorcycle but we are open to the full spectrum and we are working very closely with our strategic partner KTM to look at electric solution for high-end motorcycle also."
This initiative however has nothing to do with the all-electric Bajaj Auto is developing. The all-electric that will be launched under the Urbanite brand has been spotted while testing on multiple occasions.
KTM already manufactures electric two-wheelers and retails them in international markets. The KTM E-Speed, for example, is a lightweight electric scooter that is available in foreign markets.
There were rumors earlier that Bajaj and KTM were working on a common 48-volt electric two-wheeler platform. It was said that this platform would be used by both companies, and would underpin electric two-wheelers with a power output of 3kW and 10kW.
In related news, spy pics of the Bajaj Urbanite electric scooter reveal that the all-electric will feature twin tail lamps, fold-able rear footrests, alloy wheels, and a single-sided rear suspension. While there may be a few similarities in the KTM electric, we're sure whatever KTM launches will be on the performance side of the spectrum.
Thoughts About The Bajaj-KTM High-End Electric Scooter
Well well well. This will be interesting! We know anything that sports the KTM badge is usually high performance. We really want to see what tech KTM brings to the electric side of things, considering they already manufacture all-electrics for the international markets.