- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Bajaj Auto today unveiled its first electric scooter for the Indian market. The new electric scooter, called the Chetak is the first product from the brand's new Urbanite division. The new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020.
Bajaj has brought back the 'Chetak' moniker after 14 years in the Indian market. The company announced that production of the electric scooter began on the 25th of September at their Chakan plant in Pune.
The company will first introduce the new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter in Pune, before introducing it in Bangalore. Bajaj announced that they first want to study the market before introducing it country-wide. The Chetak electric scooter will be sold through the current dealer network of Bajaj across India.
The company is, however, yet to announce any technical details of the upcoming electric scooter. The unveiling event of the Chetak, just showcased the scooter, without revealing the battery or electric motor specifications.
In terms of design, the new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter carries forward a retro-look. The design is similar to the iconic Chetak scooter of the past, with curved body panels, rounded headlamps, with a clean and simplistic design with minimal styling.
However, this retro-themed is combined with a host of modern features and equipment. This includes a fully-digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps and DRLs, along with LED taillights as well. The electric scooter will also come with two riding modes: Eco & Sport. It will also feature equipment such as a reverse assist and regenerative braking as well.
The electric scooter will, however, feature a single-sided trailing arm for the front suspension. The rear suspension, on the other hand, will be handled by a mono-shock setup. Braking will be through disc brakes on either end with ABS and regenerative system, as mentioned before.
Bajaj will be offering the Chetak electric scooters with classic single-tone paint schemes. This includes plain colours such as white and ivory, without any body graphics; adding to the retro look of the new product.
Once introduced in the market, the new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will rival the likes of the Ather 450, Okinawa Praise and other e-scooter offerings from Ampere and TwentyTwo Motors.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveil
Bajaj has finally unveiled the Chetak electric scooter in the Indian market. The e-scooter has been spied multiple times ahead of its official unveil. The Chetak electric scooter will be part of Bajaj Auto's latest e-mobility division ‘Urbanite'. Prices for the new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is expected to be in the range of Rs 1 lakh, ex-showroom.