- 4 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 8 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 9 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- Education Gandhi Quiz: Mahatma Gandhi Quiz For Students On Gandhi Jayanti
- Finance Airfare Refund: Here's How Oct 1 SC Ruling Does Good To Passengers
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Movies Kaanekkane: The Multi-Starrer Project To Start Rolling Soon?
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Bajaj Auto is all set to introduce the Chetak electric in the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is all set to go on sale in the country sometime from January-2020.
Ahead of its launch, Bajaj had initiated a 3000km ride of the electric scooter, across northern parts of India, called the 'Chetak Electric Yatra'. The ride recently concluded at the company's plant in Pune, where the electric scooters were unveiled — here are the details.
At the event, Bajaj announced that they are also working on a more powerful electric scooter, based on the e-Chetak. The new scooter is said to be currently under development, with an expected launch date of late-2020 or early-2021.
However, this new and more powerful electric scooter might not be sold under the branding of Bajaj. Rather, the company plans to introduce it either as a KTM or Husqvarna product.
Both KTM and Husqvarna are known to offer performance-oriented products. Hence the new electric scooter could follow the same theme, offering more power, extended range and a host of additional features as well.
The new EV will be a brand new model, with a different name and a more premium price tag. However, the company confirmed that it will carry forward the same platform as the Chetak electric scooter.
Talking about the Bajaj Chetak electric, the scooter has brought in mixed reactions in the Indian market, with many comparing its design to the Vespa. Recently, Tata Motors' Design Head, Pratap Bose also commented on the styling of the Chetak electric — here is what he had to say.
Bajaj has revealed very little information regarding the Chetak electric. As of what we know, the Bajaj Chetak electric will be offered with an IP-67 water resistance lithium-ion battery pack.
This will be mated to an electric motor, offering a total range of around 90km on a single charge. The electric scooter will also come with two riding modes: Sport & Eco.
Thoughts On The More Powerful Electric Scooter Under Development By Bajaj
Bajaj is currently concentrating on the launch of their first all-electric product in the Indian market. The new, more powerful electric scooter is still under early stages of development and will take a while to be showcased. However, with more and more companies introducing electric vehicles, it seems like the right step forward.