- 13 hrs ago Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 2 days ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 2 days ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 2 days ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- News Met with 'brick wall' when approached Modi with a peace proposal, claims Imran Khan
- Sports World Archery lifts suspension on India with conditions
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Varun Dhawan React To A Fan’s Desire To See Them Get Married
- Technology Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Go Get Permanent Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,000
- Lifestyle 16 Amazing Ways To Tame Frizzy Hair Instantly
- Finance Best Travel Credit Cards in India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto, is expected to launch their first electric scooter in the Indian market. The Urbanite electric-scooter has been spotted testing several times on Indian roads ahead of its expected launch.
Bajaj has started a countdown timer on their official website which will run out on October 16, 2019. On this day Bajaj has stated that "We Wrote History Now We Will Write Future" and also hinting about the event with a note saying "Something way more than a two wheeler is coming soon."
The event from Bajaj will be attended by Minister of Road and Transport, Nitin Gadkari and the CEO of Niti Aayog, Amitabh Kant, further hinting at the event with an important product launch. Rajiv Bajaj, MD - Bajaj Auto, has previously confirmed about the Urbanite electric scooter in the works, but always maintained that the electric-scooter will be aimed at premium segment of electric scooter range in India market.
The company aims to establish itself as the premium brand in electric-scooter space by offering top-of-the-line features with its models. The upcoming Urbanite electric scooter features retro yet modern and curvy design. The electric-scooter's design seems to be inspired by the brand's old Chetak scooters.
Although nothing much was revealed about the soon to be launched electric scooter from Bajaj, it is expected to feature a lithium-ion battery pack and brushless electric motor. We also expect the scooter to feature fast charging as well.
The Urbanite electric-scooter is also expected to feature all the smart connectivity and make the scooter a premium offering in the segment. With the smart connectivity enabled the upcoming scooter could include: location tracking, Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone pairing and more.
The scooter is expected to feature a single-sided trailing arm suspension setup, similar to the one on seen on Vespas. The scooter would be equipped with a contemporary looking multi-spoke alloy wheels. Further adding to the retro-modern design we expect the scooter to feature LED round headlamps, tail-lamps and turn indicators as well.
Thoughts About The Urbanite Electric Scooter Expected Launch
The Indian electric scooter segment is filled with a wide variety of models offering different range figures and charge times. Bajaj with the launch of Urbanite electric scooter plans to rival against the only other model available in the premium-electric scooter segment, the Ather 450.