- 5 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 6 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 7 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- News Why will Mount Everest's height be re-measured?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto, is expected to launch their first electric scooter in the Indian market. The Urbanite electric-scooter has been spotted testing several times on Indian roads ahead of its expected launch.
Bajaj has started a countdown timer on their official website which will run out on October 16, 2019. On this day Bajaj has stated that "We Wrote History Now We Will Write Future" and also hinting about the event with a note saying "Something way more than a two wheeler is coming soon."
The event from Bajaj will be attended by Minister of Road and Transport, Nitin Gadkari and the CEO of Niti Aayog, Amitabh Kant, further hinting at the event with an important product launch. Rajiv Bajaj, MD - Bajaj Auto, has previously confirmed about the Urbanite electric scooter in the works, but always maintained that the electric-scooter will be aimed at premium segment of electric scooter range in India market.
The company aims to establish itself as the premium brand in electric-scooter space by offering top-of-the-line features with its models. The upcoming Urbanite electric scooter features retro yet modern and curvy design. The electric-scooter's design seems to be inspired by the brand's old Chetak scooters.
Although nothing much was revealed about the soon to be launched electric scooter from Bajaj, it is expected to feature a lithium-ion battery pack and brushless electric motor. We also expect the scooter to feature fast charging as well.
The Urbanite electric-scooter is also expected to feature all the smart connectivity and make the scooter a premium offering in the segment. With the smart connectivity enabled the upcoming scooter could include: location tracking, Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone pairing and more.
The scooter is expected to feature a single-sided trailing arm suspension setup, similar to the one on seen on Vespas. The scooter would be equipped with a contemporary looking multi-spoke alloy wheels. Further adding to the retro-modern design we expect the scooter to feature LED round headlamps, tail-lamps and turn indicators as well.
Thoughts About The Urbanite Electric Scooter Expected Launch
The Indian electric scooter segment is filled with a wide variety of models offering different range figures and charge times. Bajaj with the launch of Urbanite electric scooter plans to rival against the only other model available in the premium-electric scooter segment, the Ather 450.