- 36 min ago Uber Looks For Multi-Mobility Solutions For Delhi: From e-Rickshaws To Heli-Taxis
- 56 min ago Ducati Partners With Lenovo To Design Superbikes
- 1 hr ago BattRE Electric Scooter Discounts & Benefits: Low Interest Rate & Other Offers Available
- 1 hr ago Delhi To Receive 100 More Cluster Buses This Week: More Buses Every Month
- News Telangana High Court exam 2019 hall ticket released: Important note on OTPR ID
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Technology Best Smartphones Under Rs. 6,000 To Gift Your Loved Ones This Diwali
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Movies SHOCKING! Balika Vadhu’s Sheetal Claims Bigg Boss 13’s Siddharth Shukla Touched Her Inappropriately
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif Looks Like Ray Of Sunshine In A Yellow Dress At Her Brand Kay By Katrina Launch Event
- Sports Sourav Ganguly wears India blazer during his first press meet as BCCI president. Here's the reason
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Avan Motors has unveiled two 'concept' electric scooters at the Pune Motor Show held on September 23, 2019. Out of the two scooters showcased, the top-of-the-line model has a claimed range of 200kms on a single charge.
The flagship scooter is powered by a 72 V 22Ah lithium-Ion battery, with a 1200W motor. This will enable the scooter to have maximum top speed of 60kmph. The lower-spec model however, comes with a claimed range of 80kms on a full charge.
The entry-level scooter is powered by a 60V 35Ah lithium-ion battery pack and an 800W motor. The scooter can reach a maximum top speed of 45kmph. Braking duties on both the scooters will be handled by a disc brake at the front and a drum brake set up at the rear.
Mr. Pankaj Tiwari-India Business, Head-Avan Motors, said, "We are thrilled to reveal our new concept e-vehicles through a platform as prestigious as the Pune Motor Show. The team at Avan Motors has left no stone unturned to ideate the perfect combination of best-in-class features and stunning design."
" We are anticipating positive reviews for both concepts after which we will move on to the production phase. Currently, we are in the R&D phase which will continue until we create a leading-edge product that can disrupt the Indian sustainable mobility space," he added.
The company plans to study & apply the public response to the concept scooters showcased, and move to the production phase based on further research.
Avan Motors India is an EV startup which was founded in 2015 with the aim to develop and offer affordable electric vehicles in India. The company currently sells 3 electric scooters in its line-up. Called the Xero, the Xero+ and the TrendE, all three are powered by a lithium-ion battery pack.
All three scooters carry the same mechanical setup with suspension duties handled by a telescopic fork at the front and coil springs at the rear. All scooters feature a disc brake at the front and drum brake set up at the rear.
All three electric scooters are currently on sale in the Indian market, and do qualify for the FAME-II scheme. The e-scooters need to have a minimum range of 80 km per charge and a minimum top speed of 40kmph to become eligible for the FAME-II scheme subsidy.
Thoughts About The Avan Electric Scooter Concepts
The 200kms claimed range on a single charge would an impressive milestone for the company. The electric scooter concepts look impressive with a simple yet futuristic design. The two models if launched will rival the likes of other EV offerings in the market such as the Okinawa range of electric scooters.