- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 2 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News "Am I invited?" President Trump asks PM Modi ahead of India's first-ever NBA game
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Movies Surveen Chawla Recounts 5 Casting Couch Experiences: Filmmakers Wanted To See My Cleavage, Thighs
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Ather Energy has increased prices of both its electric scooters: 340 and 450 in the market. Prices of both electric scooters have gone up by Rs 2,980 compared to their previous launch pricing.
The Ather 340 and 450 electric scooter are now priced at Rs 1.13 lakh and Rs 1.28 lakh, respectively. Both prices are on-road (Bangalore). However, the ex-showroom prices of both the scooters remain unchanged. The prices also include the FAME Subsidy and a Rs 500 cess from the Indian government. The reason for the increase in prices is due to the five-year third-party insurance, which has been recently mandated by IRDAI.
Ather Energy is currently selling its products only in Bangalore. Both electric scooters have been booked until September 2019. Apart from the scooters themselves, the Bangalore-based start-up has also invested in setting up electric vehicle charging stations across the city.
Ather is now looking to expand its market in India, with the launch of its electric scooter in Chennai next month. The company has already started accepting pre-orders in Chennai through their website. Customers who pre-order the scooters will also be called for test drives on priority.
Apart from the launch of the two electric scooters themselves, Ather will also set up similar charging grids in Chennai. These Ather grids will come with fast charging technology, capable of
Charging the scooter up to 80 percent at 1 km/min.
After the launch of Ather in Chennai, the company will later commence operations in other major cities as well. This includes Mumbai, Pune and Delhi among the 30 cities in the next couple of years.
Both Ather electric scooters use a Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) with a lithium-ion battery pack. The Ather 450 being the more powerful of the two claims to offer a top speed of 80km/h with a 0 - 60km/h time of 3.9 seconds. Ather also claims a true range of around 55 to 75km on a single charge.
In terms of features, both the Ather 340 and 450 come packed with equipment. This includes: full-LED headlights, 7-inch capacitive touchscreen instrument cluster, disc brakes on both ends and ABS all as standard.
Thoughts On Ather Electric Scooter Price Hike
Ather has increased prices of both its products in the market. This is the first price hike from the Bangalore-based startup. Ather scooters in the market rivals the likes of the Okinawa Praise in the electric market.