- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies PICS! Yuva Rajkumar’s Wedding Ritual Graced By Celebs; Shivanna & Appu Dance At Sangeet Ceremony
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Sports French Open: Federer enjoys serene Roland Garros return
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Ather Energy has increased prices of both its electric scooters: 340 and 450 in the market. Prices of both electric scooters have gone up by Rs 2,980 compared to their previous launch pricing.
The Ather 340 and 450 electric scooter are now priced at Rs 1.13 lakh and Rs 1.28 lakh, respectively. Both prices are on-road (Bangalore). However, the ex-showroom prices of both the scooters remain unchanged. The prices also include the FAME Subsidy and a Rs 500 cess from the Indian government. The reason for the increase in prices is due to the five-year third-party insurance, which has been recently mandated by IRDAI.
Ather Energy is currently selling its products only in Bangalore. Both electric scooters have been booked until September 2019. Apart from the scooters themselves, the Bangalore-based start-up has also invested in setting up electric vehicle charging stations across the city.
Ather is now looking to expand its market in India, with the launch of its electric scooter in Chennai next month. The company has already started accepting pre-orders in Chennai through their website. Customers who pre-order the scooters will also be called for test drives on priority.
Apart from the launch of the two electric scooters themselves, Ather will also set up similar charging grids in Chennai. These Ather grids will come with fast charging technology, capable of
Charging the scooter up to 80 percent at 1 km/min.
After the launch of Ather in Chennai, the company will later commence operations in other major cities as well. This includes Mumbai, Pune and Delhi among the 30 cities in the next couple of years.
Both Ather electric scooters use a Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) with a lithium-ion battery pack. The Ather 450 being the more powerful of the two claims to offer a top speed of 80km/h with a 0 - 60km/h time of 3.9 seconds. Ather also claims a true range of around 55 to 75km on a single charge.
In terms of features, both the Ather 340 and 450 come packed with equipment. This includes: full-LED headlights, 7-inch capacitive touchscreen instrument cluster, disc brakes on both ends and ABS all as standard.
Thoughts On Ather Electric Scooter Price Hike
Ather has increased prices of both its products in the market. This is the first price hike from the Bangalore-based startup. Ather scooters in the market rivals the likes of the Okinawa Praise in the electric market.