- 37 min ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.20 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Launches The Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV In India: Prices Start At Rs 8.4 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Launched With Super-Moto ABS: Priced At Rs 1,23,500
- Movies FIR Filed Against Anurag Kashyap After Actress Accused Him Of Sexual Misconduct
- Sports Big setback for Royal Challengers Bangalore as key all-rounder suffers side strain
- News Mumbai rains: Five teams of NDRF on standby, says Maharashtra Minister Vijay Wadettiwar
- Technology Oppo 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Real Life Charging Test: Best In Business?
- Finance Vodafone Idea, Airtel Crack Up To 9%: Here's Why
- Lifestyle Missing Out On Photoshoot Inspiration? Let Mahira Khan Inspire You With Her White Gown Look
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Ather Energy has reduced prices of its two electric scooters in the market. The Ather electric scooters now come priced at Rs 1.02 lakh for the base '340' and Rs 1.12 lakh for the higher-spec '450'. Both are On-road (Bangalore).
The reduction in prices for the two scooters is mainly due to the reduction in the GST rates on EV in the country. The Indian government recently decreased the GST rates on electric vehicles in the country from 12 per cent to 5 per cent. This has allowed Ather Energy to pass on the price reduction to its customers.
Ather Energy initially introduced their two scooters in Bangalore. However, the company recently expanded its sales operations to Chennai as well. Prices of the electric scooters in Chennai has also been reduced. The two scooters in Chennai are now priced at Rs 1.10 lakh and Rs 1.22 lakh for the 340 and 450, respectively. Both prices are On-road (Chennai).
The new prices of the Ather electric scooters also include the FAME II incentives received. This is fixed at around Rs 25,000 for both the 340 and the 450 offerings from the start-up.
The two scooters are powered by the same BLDC electric motor, however, the 450 comes with a slightly larger 2.45kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This allows the Ather 450 to come with a maximum range of 75km on a single charge. The Ather 340 with a smaller 1.92kWh battery offers 60km on a single charge.
Both electric scooters, however, offer fast-charging technology along with a host of other features and equipment. This includes a large multi-colour fully-digital instrument cluster with a host of functionalities, including smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, vehicle charging-point tracker and OTA updates.
Thoughts On The Ather Electric Scooters Price Reduction
The Ather electric scooters are premium offerings in the EV two-wheeler space in the country. The company currently has sales operation in just Bangalore and Chennai, however, the company is planning to expand to over 30 cities including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi and Pune in the coming years. The electric scooters do not have any direct rivals in terms of pricing, however, do compete with other electric scooters such as the Okinawa and Avan in the market.