- 8 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 10 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 11 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Ather Energy has reduced prices of its two electric scooters in the market. The Ather electric scooters now come priced at Rs 1.02 lakh for the base '340' and Rs 1.12 lakh for the higher-spec '450'. Both are On-road (Bangalore).
The reduction in prices for the two scooters is mainly due to the reduction in the GST rates on EV in the country. The Indian government recently decreased the GST rates on electric vehicles in the country from 12 per cent to 5 per cent. This has allowed Ather Energy to pass on the price reduction to its customers.
Ather Energy initially introduced their two scooters in Bangalore. However, the company recently expanded its sales operations to Chennai as well. Prices of the electric scooters in Chennai has also been reduced. The two scooters in Chennai are now priced at Rs 1.10 lakh and Rs 1.22 lakh for the 340 and 450, respectively. Both prices are On-road (Chennai).
The new prices of the Ather electric scooters also include the FAME II incentives received. This is fixed at around Rs 25,000 for both the 340 and the 450 offerings from the start-up.
The two scooters are powered by the same BLDC electric motor, however, the 450 comes with a slightly larger 2.45kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This allows the Ather 450 to come with a maximum range of 75km on a single charge. The Ather 340 with a smaller 1.92kWh battery offers 60km on a single charge.
Both electric scooters, however, offer fast-charging technology along with a host of other features and equipment. This includes a large multi-colour fully-digital instrument cluster with a host of functionalities, including smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, vehicle charging-point tracker and OTA updates.
Thoughts On The Ather Electric Scooters Price Reduction
The Ather electric scooters are premium offerings in the EV two-wheeler space in the country. The company currently has sales operation in just Bangalore and Chennai, however, the company is planning to expand to over 30 cities including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi and Pune in the coming years. The electric scooters do not have any direct rivals in terms of pricing, however, do compete with other electric scooters such as the Okinawa and Avan in the market.