- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 2 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 4 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Sports Premier League Review: Liverpool and Arsenal set early pace, Pukki hits hat-trick
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ather Energy has reduced prices of its two electric scooters in the market. The Ather electric scooters now come priced at Rs 1.02 lakh for the base '340' and Rs 1.12 lakh for the higher-spec '450'. Both are On-road (Bangalore).
The reduction in prices for the two scooters is mainly due to the reduction in the GST rates on EV in the country. The Indian government recently decreased the GST rates on electric vehicles in the country from 12 per cent to 5 per cent. This has allowed Ather Energy to pass on the price reduction to its customers.
Ather Energy initially introduced their two scooters in Bangalore. However, the company recently expanded its sales operations to Chennai as well. Prices of the electric scooters in Chennai has also been reduced. The two scooters in Chennai are now priced at Rs 1.10 lakh and Rs 1.22 lakh for the 340 and 450, respectively. Both prices are On-road (Chennai).
The new prices of the Ather electric scooters also include the FAME II incentives received. This is fixed at around Rs 25,000 for both the 340 and the 450 offerings from the start-up.
The two scooters are powered by the same BLDC electric motor, however, the 450 comes with a slightly larger 2.45kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This allows the Ather 450 to come with a maximum range of 75km on a single charge. The Ather 340 with a smaller 1.92kWh battery offers 60km on a single charge.
Both electric scooters, however, offer fast-charging technology along with a host of other features and equipment. This includes a large multi-colour fully-digital instrument cluster with a host of functionalities, including smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, vehicle charging-point tracker and OTA updates.
Thoughts On The Ather Electric Scooters Price Reduction
The Ather electric scooters are premium offerings in the EV two-wheeler space in the country. The company currently has sales operation in just Bangalore and Chennai, however, the company is planning to expand to over 30 cities including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi and Pune in the coming years. The electric scooters do not have any direct rivals in terms of pricing, however, do compete with other electric scooters such as the Okinawa and Avan in the market.