- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Ather Energy has launched its new home charging point called Ather Dot. Ather Dot is essentially a smaller and low-power version of the Ather Grid and is designed for those looking to charge their Ather scooter at their house over a longer period. The new charger will be sold with the Ather 450 in Chennai and Bangalore.
Electric mobility is what is bringing in the news in the automotive industry. It is the next big thing and it is already here. In the Indian market, the electric vehicle industry is growing like never before and it doesn't seem like the growth rate will drop anytime soon.
In-fact, more EV manufacturers are setting-up shop in India with every passing day. Ather Energy though, is one of the revolutionary EV manufacturers. With the Ather 450, the company showed Indian buyers that an electric vehicle does not have to feel plasticky or slow.
The Ather 450 set new benchmarks for range and performance as well as design, leading to decent sales numbers even though it is on sale only in Bangalore and Chennai. The development of the Ather 450 though, doesn't seem to have stopped.
Ather Energy has been collecting user data and behaviour through the app and on-board connectivity. According to Ather, a majority of users in bangalore charge their Ather electric scooters overnight.
It is this very fact that led to the development of Ather Dot. Ather Dot is designed to be installed at the user's house. It is equipped with surge protection and plugs into the mains. Ather Dot cannot be used to charge any other electric scooter, but is designed only for the Ather 450 at the moment.
It features auto cut-off and app integration, thereby allowing the user to plug the scooter in and leave it unattended through the night without any worries. The Ather Dot takes 4 hours and 30 minutes to charge up 80 percent of the battery. A 0-100 percent charge takes 5 hours and 15 minutes.
According to Ather energy, installation of the Ather Dot is easy and can be done by any qualified electrician. It comes with a detailed installation manual will be given to buyers. Ather Energy will install the charger at the buyers house for Rs 1,800. All buyers of the Ather 450 in Chennai will receive the Ather Dot with the electric scooter.
In Bangalore, all Ather 450 buyers after October 2019 will get Ather Dot. Ather Dot has also helped the company make improvements to the Ather 450 by removing the onboard charger, thereby reducing weight and improving stability and handling.
Thoughts On Ather Dot Home Charging Station For Ather 450 Electric Scooter
Ather Energy is one of the few companies that changed the way we look at electric vehicles. It is good to see Ather Energy developing the Ather 450 further even after its successful launch. Ather Dot might just make charging more convenient and easy. Ather Energy is currently developing an electric motorcycle and we are excited to see what the final product will look like.