- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Ather Energy has launched its new home charging point called Ather Dot. Ather Dot is essentially a smaller and low-power version of the Ather Grid and is designed for those looking to charge their Ather scooter at their house over a longer period. The new charger will be sold with the Ather 450 in Chennai and Bangalore.
Electric mobility is what is bringing in the news in the automotive industry. It is the next big thing and it is already here. In the Indian market, the electric vehicle industry is growing like never before and it doesn't seem like the growth rate will drop anytime soon.
In-fact, more EV manufacturers are setting-up shop in India with every passing day. Ather Energy though, is one of the revolutionary EV manufacturers. With the Ather 450, the company showed Indian buyers that an electric vehicle does not have to feel plasticky or slow.
The Ather 450 set new benchmarks for range and performance as well as design, leading to decent sales numbers even though it is on sale only in Bangalore and Chennai. The development of the Ather 450 though, doesn't seem to have stopped.
Ather Energy has been collecting user data and behaviour through the app and on-board connectivity. According to Ather, a majority of users in bangalore charge their Ather electric scooters overnight.
It is this very fact that led to the development of Ather Dot. Ather Dot is designed to be installed at the user's house. It is equipped with surge protection and plugs into the mains. Ather Dot cannot be used to charge any other electric scooter, but is designed only for the Ather 450 at the moment.
It features auto cut-off and app integration, thereby allowing the user to plug the scooter in and leave it unattended through the night without any worries. The Ather Dot takes 4 hours and 30 minutes to charge up 80 percent of the battery. A 0-100 percent charge takes 5 hours and 15 minutes.
According to Ather energy, installation of the Ather Dot is easy and can be done by any qualified electrician. It comes with a detailed installation manual will be given to buyers. Ather Energy will install the charger at the buyers house for Rs 1,800. All buyers of the Ather 450 in Chennai will receive the Ather Dot with the electric scooter.
In Bangalore, all Ather 450 buyers after October 2019 will get Ather Dot. Ather Dot has also helped the company make improvements to the Ather 450 by removing the onboard charger, thereby reducing weight and improving stability and handling.
Thoughts On Ather Dot Home Charging Station For Ather 450 Electric Scooter
Ather Energy is one of the few companies that changed the way we look at electric vehicles. It is good to see Ather Energy developing the Ather 450 further even after its successful launch. Ather Dot might just make charging more convenient and easy. Ather Energy is currently developing an electric motorcycle and we are excited to see what the final product will look like.