- 12 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 20 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- 2 hrs ago Öhlins Launches Aftermarket Suspension System For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- News Watch: Video explaining Chandrayaan-2 mission tweeted by ISRO
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Is On Cloud Nine After Having Some 'Correct Aate Ka Phulka' At Anupam Kher's House!
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
- Sports The tale of two chief selectors: MSK Prasad and Inzamam
- Technology Vivo Z5 Launch Set on July 31 Officially Confirmed: What to Expect
- Travel Mysore to Ooty Bike Trip Guide, Route Map, Attractions and Places to Visit
- Lifestyle This Designer's Tentacle Tights Are A Huge Draw On The Internet
Ather Energy has announced an extension of the comprehensive warranty of their FAME-II certified Ather 450 electric scooter. The warranty has been extended from two years to three years.
According to IndianAutosBlog, Ather Energy said in a statement, "Ather will be extending their existing FAME 1 certified 450 customers' comprehensive warranty to 3 years from the existing 2 years. The gesture re-emphasizes Ather's intent of ensuring a delightful ownership experience to consumers. All Ather 450s certified under FAME 2 will come with the 3 year comprehensive warranty as mandated along with the company's "Make in India" battery pack."
The Bangalore based start-up announced earlier this month that its Ather 450 electric scooter qualifies for a subsidy under the government backed FAME II scheme. The subsidy for the electric scooter from Ather Energy has increased to Rs 27,000 from Rs 22,000.
Because of the revision in the subsidy, the on-road (Bangalore) prices have come down from Rs 1,28,230 to Rs 1,23,230. A 13 month and 36 month lease option is offered by Ather Energy, wherein the lessee will pay between Rs 2,274 and Rs 4,220 per month. Payments can be made on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Ather Energy currently retails two electric scooters — the Ather 340 and the Ather 450. Both scooters come equipped with full-LED lighting, a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen for onboard navigation and other smart functions, and 24-litre storage space. They feature a 'Parking Assist' system for more rider convenience in tight parking spots.
The Ather 450 features a range of 75 km on a full charge. Zero-40kmph takes just 3.9 seconds, and the scooter is capable of a top speed of 80kmph. The Ather 340 on the other hand, can cover a distance of 60 km on a full charge and achieve a top speed of 70kmph. The 0-40kmph marker takes a slightly longer 5.1 seconds.
Ather Energy is also expanding operations and has its sights set for a June 2019 entry in Chennai. Chennai is just the start of their expansion plans as the company aims to be present in 30 cities over the next two years. Electric scooters aside, Ather Energy offers a charging infrastructure called the Ather Grid. The company has begun setting up charging points at places such as malls, tech-parks, cafes, gyms, etc.
Thoughts About The Increase In Comprehensive Warranty For The Ather 450 Electric Scooter
How very cool! Electric vehicle manufacturers are doing so much more to ensure customers get the best benefits possible. Ather has offered an additional year's warranty in an obviously added benefit for their customers. This is in addition to the extra Rs 5,000 as a subsidy. Wow! It may be time to move to the Electric Automotive Universe!