- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 19 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 24 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma slams career-defining maiden double century in Test: Twitterati hail the 'Hitman'
- News Pakistan will achieve all FATF targets in time: Shah Mehmood Qureshi
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Ather Energy has announced an extension of the comprehensive warranty of their FAME-II certified Ather 450 electric scooter. The warranty has been extended from two years to three years.
According to IndianAutosBlog, Ather Energy said in a statement, "Ather will be extending their existing FAME 1 certified 450 customers' comprehensive warranty to 3 years from the existing 2 years. The gesture re-emphasizes Ather's intent of ensuring a delightful ownership experience to consumers. All Ather 450s certified under FAME 2 will come with the 3 year comprehensive warranty as mandated along with the company's "Make in India" battery pack."
The Bangalore based start-up announced earlier this month that its Ather 450 electric scooter qualifies for a subsidy under the government backed FAME II scheme. The subsidy for the electric scooter from Ather Energy has increased to Rs 27,000 from Rs 22,000.
Because of the revision in the subsidy, the on-road (Bangalore) prices have come down from Rs 1,28,230 to Rs 1,23,230. A 13 month and 36 month lease option is offered by Ather Energy, wherein the lessee will pay between Rs 2,274 and Rs 4,220 per month. Payments can be made on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Ather Energy currently retails two electric scooters — the Ather 340 and the Ather 450. Both scooters come equipped with full-LED lighting, a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen for onboard navigation and other smart functions, and 24-litre storage space. They feature a 'Parking Assist' system for more rider convenience in tight parking spots.
The Ather 450 features a range of 75 km on a full charge. Zero-40kmph takes just 3.9 seconds, and the scooter is capable of a top speed of 80kmph. The Ather 340 on the other hand, can cover a distance of 60 km on a full charge and achieve a top speed of 70kmph. The 0-40kmph marker takes a slightly longer 5.1 seconds.
Ather Energy is also expanding operations and has its sights set for a June 2019 entry in Chennai. Chennai is just the start of their expansion plans as the company aims to be present in 30 cities over the next two years. Electric scooters aside, Ather Energy offers a charging infrastructure called the Ather Grid. The company has begun setting up charging points at places such as malls, tech-parks, cafes, gyms, etc.
Thoughts About The Increase In Comprehensive Warranty For The Ather 450 Electric Scooter
How very cool! Electric vehicle manufacturers are doing so much more to ensure customers get the best benefits possible. Ather has offered an additional year's warranty in an obviously added benefit for their customers. This is in addition to the extra Rs 5,000 as a subsidy. Wow! It may be time to move to the Electric Automotive Universe!