- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Sports French Open: Federer enjoys serene Roland Garros return
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bangalore based electric vehicle manufacturer Ather Energy has announced today that their flagship electric scooter, the Ather 450 is now FAME II compliant. They also said that the electric scooter will receive an increased subsidy of Rs 27,000.
Like most manufacturers, Ather Energy had to cease deliveries of their vehicle till the FAME II requirements were met. They stopped deliveries but continued to take booking in Bangalore through the month of April.
The company says that deliveries were held back so that owners would benefit from the new subsidy. They say customers can expect deliveries to start within the next few weeks. They also said that the new on-road price for the Ather 450 stands at Rs 1,23,230.
The Ather 450 features a Lithium-ion battery that is mated to Brushless DC Motor (BLDC). The vehicle features a battery management system, and the batteries come with a 3year/ unlimited kilometer warranty.
The motor on the Ather 450 porduces 20.5Nm of torque. The vehicle can travel up to 75 kilometers on a full charge and has a top speed of 80 kilometers per hour. The electric scooter can do 0-40kmph in 3.9 seconds.
The Ather 450 come with an inbuilt reverse park assist feature. This allows the rider to use the motor to pull the scooter in reverse direction for easy of parking and or moving the vehicle out of parking spaces. The speed however is restricted to 5kmph when the reverse assist is active.
Other features on the Ather 450 include a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen instrument cluster, navigation assist, smartphone connectivity, a charging point tracker, and over-the-air software and firmware updates. Owners will also receive charging installations at their residences.
Ather Energy has already set up 30 charging station in different locations of Bangalore. The 'AtherGrid' charging station will also offer fast-charging facilities. The fast-charging feature provides a 50km range in a single hour of charge.
Thoughts About The Ather 450 Being FAME II Compliant
Congratulations to Ather Energy for achieving this task. In order to be FAME II compliant, manufacturer have to source a minimum of 50 percent of their vehicle and battery components locally. While this is a tough task for most manufacturers, Ather Energy seems to have figured it out.
Ather Energy is one of the first auto manufacturers to design and build it's and charging infrastructure locally.