- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 20 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 24 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Klopp: Liverpool need 'biggest balls' to take next step against Manchester United
- News Delhi to vote on issues of schools, hospitals; good sign for democracy, says Kejriwal
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Bangalore based electric vehicle manufacturer Ather Energy has announced today that their flagship electric scooter, the Ather 450 is now FAME II compliant. They also said that the electric scooter will receive an increased subsidy of Rs 27,000.
Like most manufacturers, Ather Energy had to cease deliveries of their vehicle till the FAME II requirements were met. They stopped deliveries but continued to take booking in Bangalore through the month of April.
The company says that deliveries were held back so that owners would benefit from the new subsidy. They say customers can expect deliveries to start within the next few weeks. They also said that the new on-road price for the Ather 450 stands at Rs 1,23,230.
The Ather 450 features a Lithium-ion battery that is mated to Brushless DC Motor (BLDC). The vehicle features a battery management system, and the batteries come with a 3year/ unlimited kilometer warranty.
The motor on the Ather 450 porduces 20.5Nm of torque. The vehicle can travel up to 75 kilometers on a full charge and has a top speed of 80 kilometers per hour. The electric scooter can do 0-40kmph in 3.9 seconds.
The Ather 450 come with an inbuilt reverse park assist feature. This allows the rider to use the motor to pull the scooter in reverse direction for easy of parking and or moving the vehicle out of parking spaces. The speed however is restricted to 5kmph when the reverse assist is active.
Other features on the Ather 450 include a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen instrument cluster, navigation assist, smartphone connectivity, a charging point tracker, and over-the-air software and firmware updates. Owners will also receive charging installations at their residences.
Ather Energy has already set up 30 charging station in different locations of Bangalore. The 'AtherGrid' charging station will also offer fast-charging facilities. The fast-charging feature provides a 50km range in a single hour of charge.
Thoughts About The Ather 450 Being FAME II Compliant
Congratulations to Ather Energy for achieving this task. In order to be FAME II compliant, manufacturer have to source a minimum of 50 percent of their vehicle and battery components locally. While this is a tough task for most manufacturers, Ather Energy seems to have figured it out.
Ather Energy is one of the first auto manufacturers to design and build it's and charging infrastructure locally.