- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Piaggio owned Aprilia and Vespa brands were the first to introduce 150cc scooters in India. The only brand that offered a scooter of this capacity was Kinetic. Aprilia is now working towards launching a new, 160cc Maxi Scooter in India.
According to Bikewale, Aprilia first made an entry with the SR 150, and this was followed by a launch of the Aprilia SR 125. While the SR 150 did very well to propel the brand, the 125 variant did not do as well as Aprilia wanted. Keeping in mind that Indian consumers want more bang for their buck, Aprilia will now concentrate on higher capacity scooters for the Indian sub-continent.
Diego Graffi, Managing Director and CEO, Piaggio Vehicles stated, "The brands are working on getting new engines between 150-200cc for scooters. There has been a major growth for motorcycles in 200-300cc range."
The range of two wheelers that Aprilia wants to introduce is called the Maxi Scooter. Maxi Scooters are a great option for two-wheeled transport. They feature modern styling, twist and go ease of use, excellent storage capacity and maximum protection from the elements.
Aprilia is the more sportier of the two Piaggio owned brands and now wants to add more 'sport' to their portfolio. The Maxi Scooter range of vehicles Aprilia wants to introduce are more performance oriented. The company feels that this is the way forward with the motor-scooter segment in India. They feel this is a better strategy than the one they currently have.
The Aprilia Maxi Scooter in question has been developed in Italy. The scooter has been styled keeping Indian consumers in mind. Taking inspiration from the Suzuki Burgman Street 125, Aprilia plans to offer the same practicality and experience with their 160cc maxi-scooter.
The new Maxi Scooter is expected to feature the 155cc engine that powers the SR 150 and the Vespa scooters. The engine however is expected to be tuned differently so that it will meet BS-VI norms.
Thoughts About The New 160cc Aprilia Maxi Scooter
Maxi Scooters are the way to go and who better to introduce it that Aprilia. They have a fleet of Maxi Scooters currently available in international markets. These include the SR Max, and the SRV 850 ABS. While we may not see the SRV 850 any time soon, we hope that Aprilia does build us scooters with a 400cc engine. Now that will be sweet!