- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 11 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 13 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Modi reaches out to minorities in second term as PM, asks NDA lawmakers to earn their trust
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Piaggio owned Aprilia and Vespa brands were the first to introduce 150cc scooters in India. The only brand that offered a scooter of this capacity was Kinetic. Aprilia is now working towards launching a new, 160cc Maxi Scooter in India.
According to Bikewale, Aprilia first made an entry with the SR 150, and this was followed by a launch of the Aprilia SR 125. While the SR 150 did very well to propel the brand, the 125 variant did not do as well as Aprilia wanted. Keeping in mind that Indian consumers want more bang for their buck, Aprilia will now concentrate on higher capacity scooters for the Indian sub-continent.
Diego Graffi, Managing Director and CEO, Piaggio Vehicles stated, "The brands are working on getting new engines between 150-200cc for scooters. There has been a major growth for motorcycles in 200-300cc range."
The range of two wheelers that Aprilia wants to introduce is called the Maxi Scooter. Maxi Scooters are a great option for two-wheeled transport. They feature modern styling, twist and go ease of use, excellent storage capacity and maximum protection from the elements.
Aprilia is the more sportier of the two Piaggio owned brands and now wants to add more 'sport' to their portfolio. The Maxi Scooter range of vehicles Aprilia wants to introduce are more performance oriented. The company feels that this is the way forward with the motor-scooter segment in India. They feel this is a better strategy than the one they currently have.
The Aprilia Maxi Scooter in question has been developed in Italy. The scooter has been styled keeping Indian consumers in mind. Taking inspiration from the Suzuki Burgman Street 125, Aprilia plans to offer the same practicality and experience with their 160cc maxi-scooter.
The new Maxi Scooter is expected to feature the 155cc engine that powers the SR 150 and the Vespa scooters. The engine however is expected to be tuned differently so that it will meet BS-VI norms.
Thoughts About The New 160cc Aprilia Maxi Scooter
Maxi Scooters are the way to go and who better to introduce it that Aprilia. They have a fleet of Maxi Scooters currently available in international markets. These include the SR Max, and the SRV 850 ABS. While we may not see the SRV 850 any time soon, we hope that Aprilia does build us scooters with a 400cc engine. Now that will be sweet!