- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 12 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Piaggio has confirmed their plans for the launch of Aprilia's 150cc motorcycles in the Indian market. The Aprilia 150cc entry-level motorcycle offerings are expected to go on sale in the Indian market by 2020.
The 150cc motorcycles expected to enter the market will be based on the RS 150 and Tuono 150 concepts showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. According to Piaggio, Aprilia will introduce its first motorcycle in 2020, following up with three more new models at a later stage; all of which will be in the same 150cc segment.
Diego Graffi, MD, Piaggio Vehicles India told Economic Times, "When we entered the scooter space, we focused on the premium end and the same is the case with the range of motorcycles we plan to bring in. We plan to start manufacturing a 150cc bike in the next 12-15 months. We plan to launch four motorbikes under Aprilia."
The two motorcycle concepts — RS 150 sports bike and Tuono 150 street bike, showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo received a good response during the event. Hence, the upcoming motorcycles from Aprilia are said to be based on the same. However, the production-spec of the two motorcycles would vary. The sports bike would be in the 150cc segment while the naked streetfighter-styled motorcycle would have a higher displacement.
Currently, Aprilia offers a number of products, predominantly in the 800 - 1200cc segment; all of which are imported into the country as Completely Built Units (CBU). The new products will allow, the Italian brand to enter the fast-growing 125 - 250cc motorcycle segment. This segment of the two-wheeler market registered 2 million sales between April 2018 - January 2019; this is a growth of over 14 per cent compared to last year.
Graffi added, "This is the first time that we are going to introduce these products and definitely based on the results, we are going to expand. This is the first product line but based on results we will think on how to expand."
Thoughts On Aprilia Introducing 150cc Motorcycles In India
Piaggio has confirmed their interest to enter the mass-volume market in India. The Aprilia motorcycles soon to be launched in the market will vary in displacement and pricing. Once introduced in India, prices for the new entry-level models will range between Rs 80,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh, ex-showroom.