- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Aprilia Motorcycles is set to introduce a new 150cc motorcycle in the Indian market. The new 150cc motorcycle from the Italian bike manufacturer will go on sale in India at the 2020 Auto Expo.
According to Bikewale, the new 150cc Aprilia motorcycle is currently in its final stages of testing for the Indian market. The new motorcycle is expected to be either the RS 150 or the Tuono 150, both of which were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The two motorcycles were also showcased to select dealers at a private event recently. The two motorcycles are already available in a few international markets and come with a host of features and equipment.
However, the India-spec version of the new 150cc motorcycle will miss out on a couple of features, to allow Aprilia to price it competitively in the segment.
The two Aprilia motorcycles, the RS 150 and the Tuono 150 draw power from the same 149cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 17.7bhp and 14Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The international-spec models come with premium features. This includes 40mm upside down forks at the front and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear. Braking is handled by a 300mm and 218mm disc at the front and rear, respectively.
The brakes are further supported by dual-channel ABS system as standard. The two motorcycles are also offered with a quick-shifter as an optional addition.
Having said this, the new Aprilia 150cc motorcycle for the Indian market will most likely miss out on some of these premium features.
We can expect the company to offer the motorcycle with standard telescopic forks and without the option of a quick-shifter.
The Aprilia RS 150 is a faired motorcycle while the Tuono 150 is a naked streetfighter offering. The RS 150 borrows design inspiration from its larger and extremely popular sibling, the RSV4. the Tuono 150, on the other hand, borrows its design cues from the 1100 Tuono V4 as well.
Both motorcycles come with a host of features including LED headlamps, LED tail lights, Aprilia's signature triple-headlamp design, aggressive styling and a semi-digital instrument cluster as well.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Aprilia 150cc Motorcycle
The new Aprilia 150cc motorcycle has been in the pipeline for the Indian market, for quite some time now. The company's two 150cc offerings were first showcased at the Auto Expo last year, however, the plans to launch them in India didn't go further.
The company is now planning to introduce a 150cc offering in India, to rival the likes of the Yamaha R15, Suzuki Gixxer SF 155 and the slightly larger KTM RC 200 in the Indian market.