- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
The Hero Pleasure facelift has been spotted ahead of its launch. The scooter was spotted while it was being shot for its TV commercial with Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt astride it. Alia Bhatt is the brand ambassador for the Hero Pleasure brand which has always been targeted at women.
It first became well-known for the tagline "why should boys have all the fun?" and now it has been spotted testing for the new commercial. The Hero Pleasure received its last update in 2017 and it was basically an update with a new paint scheme and attractive graphics.
Now though, the entire design of the scooter has been updated. Up front is a new headlamp design that is larger and more curvaceous than that of the outgoing model. It will most-likely be an LED headlamp unit.
The entire front apron too has been redesigned and comes with a matte silver plastic trim between the indicators. The turn signal indicators' design looks dangerously close to that of the Yamaha Fascino. The side panels now look more attractive as they have a sleek design and come with contrasting colours.
The rear-end is now slightly more bulkier and this looks better as well. The new Hero Pleasure is expected to feature an analogue-digital instrument cluster that displays more information. Going by the spy shot, the tyres too have been changed as it has a different tread pattern.
The current-gen scooter rides on MRF Nylogrip Zapper tyres, but this change could be subjective as the scooter might have different OEM tyre options. On the suspension front though, things are a little disappointing. The new Hero Pleasure spyshot shows the same age-old trailing-link type suspension up front.
This is quite outdated and Hero could have given it a telescopic suspension to keep up with competition. Details about the engine are unknown at the moment. The current-gen Hero Pleasure is powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder, 102cc engine with a maximum power output of 7bhp and a peak torque output of 8.1Nm,
Hero might or might not use the same engine in the facelifted model. We do hope that the Pleasure's engine is upgraded and the 110cc unit from the Maestro is plonked into the Hero Pleasure. The brakes too will be updated as per new regulations and both drum brakes will be interlinked through Hero's Integrated Braking System (IBS).
Thoughts On Hero Pleasure Facelift Spotted During TVC Shoot With Alia Bhatt
The Hero Pleasure facelift might be launched sooner than we think as the TVC shoot has already been completed. The Scooter might be launched in the first or second week of April. As for the prices, there might be an increase of around Rs 3,000 in the sticker price.
So we can expect the new Hero Pleasure Facelift to retail at around Rs 50,000 (ex-showroom) which is exactly what the Honda Activa and Suzuki Lets is priced at. This way, Hero will be able to compete well in the segment.
Source: Sachin Haralkar