- 14 min ago 2020 Land Rover Defender Spotted — Expected 2020 Launch
- 24 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- News WBBSE Madhyamik Class 10 result 2019 date, time, when to get mark sheet
- Technology Redmi K20 will be unvieled on 28th of May: Likely to run on Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Movies Cannes 2019: Huma Qureshi Turns Heads In A Grey Ruffled Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Finance Amazon Forays Into Flight Booking Services
- Sports Pakistan cricketer Asif Ali's daughter dies after cancer treatment
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 was launched at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Yamaha R15 V3 features an entirely new design, with LED headlights and refreshed paint schemes. The new R15 V3 in India also gets a new 155c engine, mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 is one of the most popular fully-faired motorcycles in India and it offers superior handling and dynamics in an affordable package. The new Yamaha R15 V3 also does the same, but in a much better way. Coming to what's new, these are Yamaha R15 V3 features you should know about:
Yamaha R15 V3 Design Features
The new Yamaha R15 V3 features a design inspired from the flagship Yamaha superbike, the YZF-R1. The new R15 v3 gets twin LED headlamps and an air-vent in between them. The mirrors also have been redesigned to give the least aerodynamic drag.
The dual-tone paint scheme of the new Yamaha R15 looks sporty and modern. The fairing of the R15 V3 blends neatly with the fuel tank and the other body components.
The tail-section of the new Yamaha R15 V3 also features a refreshed design. The LED tail lamp gets a new layout. The rear grab handles are neatly integrated into the tail-section almost as if they are not there.
Yamaha R15 V3 Riding Features
The new 155cc engine unit gets Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) for better low-end and high-end torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and downshifts are now a breeze, thanks to the addition of a slipper clutch.
The re-engineered ‘delta box' chassis of the Yamaha R15 V3 aids in top-class dynamics and handling. The rear tyre is now wider at 140mm, further improving the cornering capabilities of the motorcycle.
Yamaha R15 V3 Safety Features
The new Yamaha R15 V3 features comparatibely less in the safety department. The new R15 V3 gets a 282mm front disc and a rear 220mm disc brakes. However, it doesn't get ABS, even as an option. If the new Yamaha R15 V3 had ABS, it would've been one solid package.
Yamaha R15 V3 Practicality Features
With a seat height of 815mm, ground clearance of 170mm and a pillion seat (not the best though), the Yamaha R15 V3 can go commuting all day. Tank capacity is a decent 11-litres.
Yamaha R15 V3 Colours
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 comes in two colours only - Racing Blue and Thunder Grey. The Thunder Grey colour of the new Yamaha R15 V3 features red accents, making it as sporty as the Racing Blue.
Other Yamaha R15 V3 Features
The new Yamaha R15 V3 features a full-LCD instrument console, which gives all the vital information the rider needs, plus an USB charger. The console also gets a VVA (Variable Valve Actuation) indicator and a shift-light.
Variable Valve Actuation helps in giving the best torque characteristics by adjusting the amount of intake valve opening. This also helps to keep the engine compact with a SOHC (Single Overhead Cam) instead of a DOHC (Double Overhead Cam).
Thoughts On The New Yamaha R15 V3 Features
The Yamaha R15 has always been a successful motorcycle in India, because of its sporty looks and riding characteristics. Although the 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 features new components, the absence of ABS will forever be a let down.
For more details about the price and engine specifications, check out our First Look Review of the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0.