- Yamaha Cygnus Ray ZR ‘Street Rally’ Edition Launched In India; Priced At Rs 57,898
- Yamaha Ray ZR Street Rally Scooter Teased Ahead Of Launch
- The Yamaha RD350 — The Motorcycle Which Time Has Forgotten But Enthusiasts Never Will!
- Yamaha Aerox 155 Will Not Be Launched In India
- 2018 Honda Dio Vs Yamaha Ray ZR Comparison: Design, Specifications, Features, Price And Mileage
- Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 Gets Three New Colour Options
Yamaha will be introducing the new YZF-R15 Version 3.0 MotoGP edition in India. According to reports from Autocar India, the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer will launch the motorcycle sometime in August 2018.
The new Yamaha R15 V3.0 will come with the blue paint scheme as on the factory MotoGP motorcycle. The R15 will also carry the Movistar logo on the front and sides of the motorcycle. It will also sport the ENEOS logo on the belly pan.
However, the new motorcycle will miss out on the racing numbers of both Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales.
The MotoGP edition of the R15 V3.0 is already on sale in certain southeast Asian markets. The new MotoGP edition receives only cosmetic changes and remains mechanically unchanged.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 is powered by a 155cc, four-stroke single-cylinder engine. It produces 19bhp and 15Nm of torque.
Other features on the Yamaha R15 V3.0 includes LED headlamps, slipper clutch and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The international-spec R15 comes with USD front forks. However, the Indian-spec R15 will continue to get the standard telescopic front forks.
Currently, the Yamaha R15 V3.0 in India comes in a choice of two colours: Thunder Grey and Racing Blue. The new MotoGP edition of the motorcycle will be sold additionally to the two paint schemes.
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15 V3.0 MotoGP Edition
The standard Yamaha R15 V3.0 in India is priced at Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new MotoGP edition, however, is expected to be priced slightly higher. More details of the new edition R15 will be revealed closer to its launch.