- 12 min ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 29 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 44 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 53 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Movies Election Result 2019: Rajinikanth, Riteish Deshmukh & Others CONGRATULATE PM Narendra Modi
- Technology Honor 20 vs other smartphones with 48MP rear camera
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Yamaha is readying a new product for the Indian market in the popular 150cc motorcycle segment. Yes, Autocar India reports that Yamaha will launch the new MT-15 naked motorcycle in the country. The Yamaha MT-15 is a naked version of the Yamaha R15 V3.0 and it is expected to be launched in 2019.
Yamaha recently showcased the new MT-15 in Indonesia and the overall design from the bigger MT offerings. Up front, the Yamaha MT-15 features LED headlamps, and the muscular fuel tank with aggressive shrouds are similar to the MT-09's design. The motorcycle also gets a fully digital instrument cluster that is seen of the R15 V3.0.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 draws power from the existing 155cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.3bhp and 15Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch. The engine is also equipped with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) for improved performance in low and mid-range.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 showcased in Thailand is equipped with upside down forks at the front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Expect the India-spec model to feature conventional telescopic forks similar to the R15 V3.0. Braking duties are handled by discs at both the ends with ABS as a standard feature.
In the Indian market, Yamaha is expected to slot the MT-15 below the R15 V3.0 and the naked motorcycle is expected to be priced around Rs 1.2 lakh ex-showroom. We don't expect a huge price difference between the R15 V3.0 and MT-15 as both the motorcycle use almost similar cycle parts and chassis.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15
Yamaha is planning to launch the new MT-15 naked motorcycle in the Indian market in 2019 and the naked streetfighter is based on the Yamaha R15 V3.0. The overall design of the MT-15 is inspired by the bigger MT bikes. The Yamaha MT-15 will rival the likes of bigger 200cc bikes such as the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.