TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — 10000 Response Teams On Standby
- IPL Auction 2019 — All You Need To Know
- Tax Filing Increased Most By Taxpayers Declaring Income Between Rs 5-10 Lakh
- This 13-Year-Old Indian Boy Owns A Software Company In Dubai
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Ford Figo ‘Blu’ Facelift Spy Pics Out — The New Ford Figo CNG Variant For 2019?
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- Ranveer Singh And Adah Sharma's Bollywood-inspired Outfits Are Perfect For Movie Buffs
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Yamaha is readying a new product for the Indian market in the popular 150cc motorcycle segment. Yes, Autocar India reports that Yamaha will launch the new MT-15 naked motorcycle in the country. The Yamaha MT-15 is a naked version of the Yamaha R15 V3.0 and it is expected to be launched in 2019.
Yamaha recently showcased the new MT-15 in Indonesia and the overall design from the bigger MT offerings. Up front, the Yamaha MT-15 features LED headlamps, and the muscular fuel tank with aggressive shrouds are similar to the MT-09's design. The motorcycle also gets a fully digital instrument cluster that is seen of the R15 V3.0.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 draws power from the existing 155cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.3bhp and 15Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch. The engine is also equipped with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) for improved performance in low and mid-range.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 showcased in Thailand is equipped with upside down forks at the front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Expect the India-spec model to feature conventional telescopic forks similar to the R15 V3.0. Braking duties are handled by discs at both the ends with ABS as a standard feature.
In the Indian market, Yamaha is expected to slot the MT-15 below the R15 V3.0 and the naked motorcycle is expected to be priced around Rs 1.2 lakh ex-showroom. We don't expect a huge price difference between the R15 V3.0 and MT-15 as both the motorcycle use almost similar cycle parts and chassis.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15
Yamaha is planning to launch the new MT-15 naked motorcycle in the Indian market in 2019 and the naked streetfighter is based on the Yamaha R15 V3.0. The overall design of the MT-15 is inspired by the bigger MT bikes. The Yamaha MT-15 will rival the likes of bigger 200cc bikes such as the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.