TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Yamaha is all set for the Auto Expo 2018, and we have already reported about the Japanese company's lineup. Now, Motoroids has spotted the Aerox 155 scooter in India which hints that the company could bring in a new sporty 150cc scooter to India to rival the Aprilia SR 150.
The new Yamaha Aerox 155 was spotted at a service station, and the report also states that one of the Yamaha dealers has confirmed that the sporty scooter will be launched in the Indian market on February 25, 2018. With the Auto Expo 2018 around the corner, Yamaha might showcase the scooter at the biggest automobile extravaganza in the country.
The overall design of the Aerox 155 is based on the MT motorcycle range. It features an aggressive front apron with several cuts and lines which renders a sporty look to the scooter. The tail section of the scooter is sharp and features a spacious seat with good pillion comfort.
The Yamaha Aerox 155 was revealed in 2016 in Malaysia and has been sold in several markets such as Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines. The other prominent features of the scooter include LED headlamp and tail light, 25-litre under seat storage, fuel tank cap on the central tunnel, 5.8-inch LCD, smart key system and mobile charging port.
The Yamaha Aerox 155 draws power from a 155.1cc single cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel injected engine producing 14.6bhp and 13.8Nm of torque. If it is launched in India, the Aerox 155 will be the first scooter in India to get a liquid-cooled and fuel injected engine.
The scooter also gets 14-inch alloy wheels which will result in improved handling. Other equipment includes telescopic forks at the front and dual-shock absorbers at the rear, disc brake at the front with ABS and drum brake setup at the rear. By looking at the features and design of the scooter, we can say that it will be priced comparatively higher than all the scooter available in India.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter
The Yamaha Aerox 155 is a sporty scooter with premium features and high level of equipment. We can expect the scooter to carry a premium price tag which will be a downside, as the Indian buyers look for value for money products. But there is no official word from Yamaha about the introduction of Aerox 155 in India. We have to wait until Auto Expo 2018 to get the answer.