- 2 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 3 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 4 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- News Chandrayaan-1 too faced glitch before launch: former ISRO chief
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Vespa Notte launched in India: Piaggio has launched a new variant of the Vespa scooter in the Indian market. The new variant of the scooter is named as Vespa Notte and it is based on the Vespa LX 125 scooter. The Vespa Notte is priced at Rs 70,285 ex-showroom (Delhi).
A Vespa dealership has revealed to DriveSpark that the Vespa Notte has been launched in the country and the scooter can be booked by making an advanced payment of Rs 2,000. The Vespa Notte made its India debut at the Auto Expo 2018 and now the scooter has been launched in the country.
The term ‘Notte' means night in Italian and as the name suggest, the scooter features an all-black theme. The Vespa Notte is finished in a matte black colour and the chrome parts and alloy wheels also get black treatment. Overall, the scooter looks elegant as compared to the standard version of the scooter.
The Vespa Notte draws power from a 125cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 9.5bhp and 9.9Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a CVT gearbox. Vespa also retails the Notte variant of the scooter in the global markets, but it is a completely different scooter as compared to the India-spec model.
The Vespa Notte is identical to the LX 125 and features the same mechanical components. The new variant of the scooter is equipped with a single side front suspension and a hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 150mm drum at the front and 140mm drum at the rear.
The kerb weight of the Vespa Notte stands at 114kg and the scooter features a ground clearance of 155mm. The Vespa Notte is capable of hitting a top speed of 100km/h and the fuel tank capacity stands at 7-litres. The classic retro design and matte black colour will attract the buyers as the retro scooters are popular in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Vespa Notte
Vespa Notte is a new variant of the LX 125 scooter and new variant gets a blacked out theme. The Vespa Notte rivals the likes of the newly launched Suzuki Burgman Street, Honda Grazia, TVS Ntorq and the Aprilia SR 125. With the retro design scooters becoming popular in the country, the Vespa Notte will attract the Indian buyers.
Note – Images are representational purpose only.