- 15 min ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Jaw-dropping On The Day Nine?
- News At 28, Tejashwi Surya is youngest candidate to win 2019 LS polls
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi denies alleged corruption relating to IAAF World Athletics Championship
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Piaggio Group is planning to enter the electric mobility segment in India. The company already showcased their Vespa Elettrica e-scooter concept at this year's Auto Expo. Piaggio India is now considering the launch of their Vespa Elettrica e-scooter sometime soon.
The new e-scooter from Piaggio combines the popular retro-styling of the Vespa with a modern electric powertrain. However, the company is still waiting on favourable regulations to be implemented by the Indian government, towards electric vehicles in the country.
Ashish Yakhmi, Business Head, Piaggio India, stated, "We're ready with the technology for two-wheelers and four-wheelers as well, but we're waiting for regulations to introduce the vehicles in the country." Piaggio is also planning to expand its reach considerably by 2020 and focus on customer experience at their Motoplex-branded outlets."
Diego Graffi, CEO & MD, Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., stated, "The willingness to tie up with us is increasing fast; but as we grow, we want to maintain the identity and the experience one has at a Motoplex. The matter is not only sales, not only profitability, it is to provide the customer with a unique experience. That is our standard for selecting new partners.
The company currently has over 150 outlets across India, which they plan to double by the end of 2020. The Vespa Elettrica, once launched in India, will be the first pure electric scooter from Piaggio in the country.
Based on the popular Vespa VX range, the e-scooter will come powered by a 5kW (or 5.36bhp) electric motor, with a claimed torque output of 20Nm. Although most of the specification details are yet to be revealed, the company has stated that the Elettrica will come with a 4.2kWh lithium-ion battery. This battery can be charged completely within four hours.
The standard Vespa Elettrica boasts of a maximum range of 100km, on a single charge. However, the top-of-the-line Vespa X hybrid claims a maximum range of 200km. The Vespa X Hybrid will offer a 100cc, four-stroke petrol engine, which will act as a range extender.
Thoughts On The Vespa Elettrica E-Scooter
The Vespa Elettrica will be the first pure electric scooter offering from Piaggio in India. The company is also planning to expand its presence in India by increasing their dealership count. However, the launch still depends on the regulations set by the Indian government towards the EV segment in the country.