TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
UM Motorcycles has sent out an invite to us for the unveiling of India's first electric cruiser at the Auto Expo 2018. The UM Thor electric unveil will be on February 8, 2018, at India's biggest automotive expo. The Thor electric bike will be based on the UM Renegade cruiser which is currently on sale in India.
Several reports suggest the UM Thor electric bike will be equipped with a 30kw electric motor capable of producing 50bhp with riding range of nearly 150km. The UM Thor can be charged to 80 percent in just 40 minutes with the fast charging option.
The UM Thor electric motorcycle is expected to lead the electric vehicle (EV) revolution in the country as there are hardly any major players in the electric two-wheeler segment. But with the UM Thor, many of the bigger brands are expected to launch their version of electric bikes in India.
Brands such as Hero Electric, Bajaj Auto, and TVS are developing electric bikes or scooters for the Indian market, and with UM leading with the unveiling of the Thor electric, the former bike manufacturers are expected to advance their programs in the EV segments.
Also, UM is all set to unveil a new 230cc cruiser for India and a new adventure motorcycle which will displace over 350-450cc at the Auto Expo 2018. Apart from these two bikes, UM will also showcase its Renegade Commando Classic, Renegade Commando Mojave, Renegade Commando and Renegade Sports S at the event.
Thoughts About The UM Thor Electric Bike
The revolution of electric vehicles has begun and UM Motorcycle is leading the pack in the cruiser segment with the unveiling of India's first electric cruiser. The UM Thor electric vehicle seems to be promising for the Indian market as well as for the environment. That said, UM has not been very successful in the Indian market and is witnessing average sales as not many are aware of the brand.
UM has to increase its brand awareness campaign in India to help bike buyers understand what it can offer in the cruiser segment which is affordable and practical.