TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?
UM Renegade Duty launched in India at Auto Expo 2018. Prices for the new UM Renegade Duty starts at Rs 1.10 lakh in India, ex-showroom (Delhi). The UM Renegade Duty is available in two models: Duty S and Duty Ace. The new UM Renegade will compete with the likes of the Bajaj Avenger series and could compete with the likes of Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Suzuki Intruder as well.
The UM Duty range sits below the company's Renegade Sport S and will go on sale in July 2018. The Renegade Duty S and the Duty Ace had a fuel tank capacity of 10-litres and claimed mileage of 41kmpl.
The UM Duty features digi-analogue instrument cluster with gear position indicator. Also, both the bikes get LED headlight and taillight. Suspension duties are carried out by 41mm conventional telescopic fork at the front and a twin hydraulic springs at the rear.
UM claims the Renegade Duty motorcycles have the potential of being ridden both on and off-road. The Renegade Duty is powered by a new 223cc single-cylinder, oil-cooled engine which produces 16bhp @ 8,000rpm and 17Nm of torque @ 5,000rpm and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox that sends power to the rear wheel via a chain.
The UM Duty series rides on a 120/80 R17 tyre at the front, while a 130/90 R15 section tyre is at the rear. Both the motorcycles share the same wheelbase of 1360mm and same ground clearance of 180mm.
Thoughts About The UM Renegade Duty Series
The UM Renegade Duty S and Duty Ace are essentially the same, but the colour schemes are different. While the Duty S is military-inspired colour scheme, the Duty Ace features a sporty colour scheme. The UM Duty series will rival the Bajaj Avenger in the Indian market, and with the looks of it, the products look promising with competitive pricing. That said, UM has to increase its brand awareness in the Indian market.