- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 2 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 4 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Rechargeable LED Lamp Launched In India – Goes On Crowdfunding
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Sports Tendulkar picks five Indians in World Cup XI
- News Amarnath Yatra: 15th batch of 3,967 pilgrims leaves Jammu
- Finance Tax Frauds Worth Rs 38,000 Crore Detected Last Year
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
UM Motorcycles has launched the carburettor variant of the Renegade Commando Classic in India. The motorcycle is priced at Rs 1.95 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). UM already offers the fuel-injected variant of the Renegade Commando Classic which is priced at a premium of Rs 6,000 at Rs 2.01 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the addition of the carburettor, there are no other changes on the motorcycle. UM Motorcycles has also skipped on offering the ABS with this system.
ABS will soon be mandated from April 2019. Here is a list of motorcycles in the Indian market that comes equipped with the safety feature.
Although the carburettor version of the Renegade Commando Classic comes largely unchanged, it does offer a lower power output than its Fi sibling.
Both the Fi and the new carburettor variant of the UM Commando Classic comes powered by a 279.5cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. The Fi variant produces 25.15bhp and 23Nm of torque while the carburettor variant churns out 23.7bhp and 23Nm of torque. Both variants further come with a five-speed transmission.
The low power output figures of the Carburettor variant means the lack of top-end grunt compared to its Fi sibling. However, the low and mid-range power output will remain unchanged.
The UM Renegade Commando Classic comes with 41mm hydraulic telescopic front suspension at the front, with twin hydraulic springs at the rear. Braking is handled by 280mm disc brake at the front and a 130mm drum at the rear. The motorcycle rides on 16 and 15-inch wire-spoke wheels at the front and rear, respectively.
In terms of features, the UM Renegade Commando Classic comes with a bulky and muscular fuel tank, rounded headlights, tall windscreen and split seats with a backrest.
Thoughts On The UM Renegade Commando Classic
UM Motorcycles is an American brand, offering proper chopper-style products in the Indian market. The brand is priced at a premium compared to its competitors in the segment. These competitors include the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350, Bajaj Dominar 400 and the recently launched Jawa motorcycles (Jawa and Jawa 42).