TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
American motorcycle manufacturer UM Motorcycles is all set to introduce new products in the Indian market. Previously, we had reported about the company planning to launch its first electric bike in India. Now, BikeWale reports that UM is planning to launch three new cruisers in the country.
The report states that UM Motorcycles will launch the Commando Iron 300, Commando 300 LX and the Vegas 300 cruiser motorcycles in the Indian market. All the three new bikes will be based on the same Renegade platform which the current lineup uses. And all the mechanical components are expected to remain unchanged.
The upcoming Commando Iron 300, Commando 300 LX and the Vegas 300 are likely to draw power from the existing 279.5cc single cylinder, liquid cooled engine, but with a carburettor instead of fuel injection. The fuel injected engine produces 24.8bhp and 23Nm of torque. Expect a slight variation in the power figures in the carburettor setup.
Initially, UM Motorcycles will launch all the three cruisers with the carburettor setup to keep the price in check. But the company will update the motorcycles with fuel injection technology when the BS-VI emission norms are implemented by 2020. The new models are expected to feature an all-new design language as compared to the current products.
Currently, UM Motorcycles retails the Renegade cruiser in the country. The cruiser is available in four variants: Commando, Sports S, Commando Classic and Commando Mojave. Apart from the three new bikes, UM Motorcycles will also launch its first electric bike in the country, the Renegade electric.
UM Motorcycles is expected to manufacture all the three new motorcycles in India at its Uttarakhand production plant. The report also states that the American company will first launch one model to analyse the response from the Indian buyers before launching the other two bikes.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On New UM Motorcycles Cruiser Bikes
UM Motorcycles is an American company known for its cruiser motorcycles. In India, the company has been selling its popular Commando range in several variants. Now, to step up its market reach, UM has decided to expand its product portfolio in the country. We expect UM to reveal more details on the three new bikes at the Auto Expo 2018.