TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
American motorcycle manufacturer UM Motorcycles currently retails the Renegade Sport S and Commando cruisers in the Indian market.
Now, BikeWale reports that UM Motorcycles is planning to introduce the cheaper variants of the Renegade Sport S and Commando in the Indian market.
The affordable variants of the UM Renegade Sport S and Commando will be the carburetted models as opposed to the fuel injection technology found on the currently sold models. The new variants are expected to boost the sales in India as the carburetted versions will be cheaper than the fuel injected models.
Currently, UM Motorcycles' entire product portfolio is equipped with fuel injection technology. The American company is considering the cheaper variants of Renegade Sport S And Commando after conducting market research and receiving customer feedback.
Now, UM Motorcycles feels that there is a void in its product portfolio, which could be filled by launching affordable variants of its cruisers which is expected to attract more buyers in the country.
The UM Renegade Sport S And Commando draws power from a 279.5cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel injected engine producing 24.8bhp and 23Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox.
The power figures of the carburetted versions of the Renegade Sport S And Commando could be slightly less as compared the fuel injected models. Also, the prices of both the models could be down by around Rs 10,000 by employing the traditional carburetor technology.
The currently sold UM Renegade Sport S And Commando carries a price tag of 1.59 lakh and 1.76 lakh respectively. Both the prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Apart from the cost factor, the carburetted versions of both the motorcycles will be cheaper to maintain as the parts of the fuel injection system are on the expensive side.
UM Motorcycles is known for its classic cruiser motorcycles in the 300cc segment. In India, the American company retails the fuel injected versions of the Renegade Sport S And Commando. Now, the company is planning to introduce affordable carburetted version of both the models to boost sales. Both the cruisers will rival the Royal Enfield Classic and Thunderbird range.