- 10 min ago Lotus Unveils 1973bhp Evija Electric Hypercar - Time Travel Is Almost Here
- 42 min ago Harley-Davidson Livewire In India? — Listed On Official Indian Website
- 1 hr ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 3 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- Movies Karan Patel To Quit Yeh Hai Mohabbatein; Is Chaitanya Choudhary Replacing Him?
- Sports MS Dhoni's parents want him to retire from international cricket, reveals childhood coach Keshav Banerjee
- News Women rescued from prostitution to stay at correction home; HC's firm NO to grant custody to kin
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
- Lifestyle Cysts: Causes, Types, Symptoms & Treatment
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition With Gold And Diamond Launched In India For Rs. 4,80,000
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
UM Motorcycles plans to launch the Duty 230 in India, sometime in September this year. The company is working on expanding its sales network and business in the country.
US-based UM International started a joint venture with Lohia Auto, called the UM Lohia Two-wheelers Pvt Ltd in India back in 2014. The company currently sells four products - Renegade Commando Classic, Commando Mojave, Commando and the Sports S in India. The motorcycles are priced between Rs 1.59 to 1.95 lakh, ex-showroom.
Rajeev Mishra, CEO, Lohia Auto Two-wheelers Pvt Ltd stated, "In September this year we plan to launch a 230 cc bike. Before that, we will also launch two variants of existing products."
"Over the next two years, we plan to launch a 450cc and a 650cc bike. So by 2020, we will have a product portfolio ranging from 230cc to 650cc."
The company is also expected to be working on expanding its production capacity by setting up a new plant in Hyderabad. This plant will cater to the demand in the southern and western regions.
The company will initially invest Rs 50 crore to set up the new plant in Hyderabad. This amount will also be used to handle the logistical issues due to the increase in demand for the motorcycles.
The new plant will have a production capacity of 50,000 units, taking the total capacity up to 80,000 units. The plant is expected to be ready for production by February 2019.
Mishra added, "Currently, we need to supply bikes to southern and western regions from our Uttarakhand plant which is both time consuming and adds to cost. The new plant would help take care of this issue."
The company is also looking into introducing electric vehicles in India. UM has already introduced the Renegade Thor at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Mishra said, "We are currently importing the bike from Italy as a completely built unit (CBU). Over the next one year, we plan to look at ways to increase localisation of the product here. Localisation is the key as it will bring the cost down. If we achieve some progress then we can look at bringing some more products to the country."
Thoughts On UM Motorcycles Duty 230 In India
UM motorcycles Duty 230 will be the start of product expansion for the brand. The company is also planning to increase the number of dealership outlets to a 100 from the current 78 over the next three months. UM Motorcycles India plan to sell over 15,000 units in the current fiscal year.