TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
UM Motorcycles is all set to bring new and exciting products at the Auto Expo 2018. Among the UM bikes at the auto expo, the bike manufacturer has revealed that a UM 230cc bike will debut at India's biggest automotive event. The new UM 230cc cruiser will rival Royal Enfield's 350cc motorcycles such as the Classic and the Bullet, which leads the segment with a massive market share..
The new 230cc UM bike will the first mass-market motorcycle from the company and will be positioned below the Renegade Sport S. Another exciting motorcycle which is set to debut at the auto expo is the UM Renegade Thor electric bike, similar to the Renegade electric showcased at the EICMA 2017.
While UM has not revealed the specifications of the new 230cc bike, we expect the motorcycle to employ an air-cooled engine producing around 19bhp. The bike will share most of the components of other UM bikes to keep the cost as low as possible. We expect the UM 230cc price should be in the region of Rs 1.5 lakh ex-showroom.
The new 230cc UM bike is expected to feature disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear. Also, expected are analogue-digital instrument console and other features which will set it apart from the Royal Enfield 350cc bikes.
UM has been focusing on increasing its dealerships across the country and now has quite some of them. With the considerable number of dealers, UM will look to improve its sales with the 230cc cruiser. Currently, the UM Renegade Sport S is the most affordable UM bike in India with a price tag of 1.59 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). With the UM 230cc bike, the new bike will be the most affordable motorcycle from the company.
Thoughts About The UM 230cc Bike Debut At Auto Expo 2018
The new 230cc UM bike is expected to give a stiff competition to the Royal Enfield Classic 350 which leads the segment with a considerable margin. Pricing will be the crucial aspect for UM to cater to the Indian market. That said, Royal Enfield enjoys a cult following in India and UM has to increase its presence in the biking culture to take on Royal Enfield.