- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 8 hrs ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 9 hrs ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 11 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Shahid Kapoor FINALLY Talks About Kabir Singh; Says We Want You To Feel He's Unacceptable In Defense
- News HDK loses trust vote: Democracy, honesty and people of Karnataka lost, says Rahul Gandhi
- Technology TRAI Favours Cable Operators: Says No To Fix Minimum Net Worth For Registration
- Finance ITR filing Date Extended To August 31
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
EV manufacturers, Twenty Two Motors and KYMCO have announced their partnership in India to promote electric mobility, along with Ionex. The new partnership also marks the entry of KYMCO in the country and will share skills and technology relating to electric vehicles, for promoting emission-free mobility solutions.
Through Ionex, a leading electric powertrain and ecosystem supplier in the world under KYMCO, the two firms aim to "revolutionize the two-wheeler sector in India by establishing a favourable ecosystem for EVs". The companies will be working on making ‘electric', a practical reality for every road user.
With the introduction of Ionex and Ionex Commercial, consumers, businesses and governments will be able to smoothly adoptpremium electric mobility solutions. While Ionex aims to eliminate all barriers for consumers to go ‘clean and green', Ionex Commercial is a carefully-designed EV turnkey solution of the commercial field, involving world-class experts. This includes the complete electric vehicle portfolio, charging facilities, removable/swappable batteries along with advanced IT systems.
Parveen Kharb, CEO and Co-Founder of Twenty Two Motors shared, "Twenty-Two Motors was founded with the sole aim to change the commutation landscape in India by providing powerful smart vehicles to generation next. Electric mobility is the future of the world — a near future, not distant. We envisioned to facilitate Indian customers with smart EV vehicles and a proper infrastructure with charging stations and efficient battery and our partnership with KYMCO is the next step in this direction. This unique partnership will prove to be a revolution for the fundamentals of the Indian auto sector which no one expected so far as we shall be creating a completely new ecosystem for premium EV mobility in India."
Allen Ko, Chairman of KYMCO said, "KYMCO is on a social mission to change the modern transportation and India is one of the most important markets from that point of view. We found a natural partner in Twenty Two Motors as we have synergies in terms of vision, technological innovation and outlook. Together we aim to change the landscape of urban mobility in India."
As a start, the new Twenty Two Motors Flow electric scooter will employ an Ionex battery — removable, lighter and water-proof. The battery can be full-charged in less than an hour and the scooter will have a fixed reserve battery on board. This enables riders to go for an extra 20 kilometres even if the main battery is drained out.
Thoughts On The New Partnership Between Twenty Two Motors & KYMCO
The Indian electric two-wheeler market is seeing a better market response with the likes of Okinawa and Ather Energy becoming popular. Soon, Twenty Two Motors will also come to the picture with their new business strategies. Swappable/removable batteries and reserve energy coming in-built on a scooter are new concepts on the market, and we expect the new Twenty Two Motors Flow to be a game-changer.