TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sri Lank Bomb Blasts — Fresh Explosion Near Church In Colombo
- IPL 2019: RR vs DC — Live Update
- Renault Announces Summer Service Camp
- Bharat Trailer: Salman & Katrina Starrer Is Winning Hearts!
- Samsung Postpones Galaxy Fold Launch Following Display Issues
- Sensex Slumps 500 Points On Rising Oil Prices; IT Stocks Gain
- Aish Is A Vision In Her Gown
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
tvs motors has reduced the prices of its Wego scooter by Rs 2,000. At a time when most manufacturers have been increasing prices of the vehicles in their lineup, TVS has slashed the prices of the Wego.
The TVS Wego is now priced at Rs 50,165 as compared to the earlier Rs 52,165 price, all prices ex-showroom (Delhi). The prices of the disc variant TVS Wego though remains unchanged at Rs 53, 083 ex-showroom (Delhi).
The move to reduce prices for the models is in hopes of reviving the sales of the Wego. The scooter recorded a drop in sales in February 2018 as compared to the same period last year. The TVS Jupiter which is based on the Wego model is said to have overtaken the Wego in terms of sales volume.
The TVS Wego has a 109.7cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 8bhp and 8.4Nm of torque. The suspension is handled by telescopic front forks and a mono-shock at the rear.
It receives features such as a full-digital instrument cluster, LED tail lights, a 16-litre boot capacity with a mobile charging port, large 12-inch all black alloy wheels, external fuel fill and ignition key glow.
Thoughts On The TVS Wego Price Reduction
The TVS Wego has been on the market for a long time, hence the price reduction to further improve sales of the models doesn't come as a surprise.
TVS themselves recently increased the price of its Apache RR310 offering. The Wego takes on competition from the likes of the Honda Activa-i, Suzuki Lets and the Yamaha Ray-Z.