- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 8 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- Movies Varisu Second Single ‘Thee Thalapathy’ Official Announcement Is Out: Vijay Is Ready To Set The Stage On Fire!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Delhi Bulls, Morrisville SAMP register wins, SAMP finish 2nd in table
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Lifestyle New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
TVS Motor Company has launched a new dual-tone variant of their Star City Plus commuter motorcycle, at Rs 52,907 ex-showroom (Delhi). The new TVS Star City Plus (or City+) variant comes with a Grey-Black dual-tone paint scheme which extends to the mirrors too.
Other additions include Synchronized Braking Technology (SBT) — TVS's form of Combination Braking System. The system was also introduced in the recently-launched TVS Radeon commuter motorcycle.
SBT applies brakes on both the wheels in an efficient manner, even when only one lever is pressed. This ensures better control of the motorcycle under braking while also aiding more riding confidence. In fact, TVS Motor Company is the only manufacturer which offers this system in the 110cc motorcycle segment.
The new TVS Star City Plus employs the same engine as on the regular model. The 109cc ‘Ecothrust' air-cooled engine makes 8.3bhp and 8.7Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 4-speed gearbox.
The TVS Star City Plus is one of the best commuter motorcycles on the market right now and has won many awards over the years. The TVS motorcycle has also been the top-ranked model in J D Power customer survey, consistently for the last three years. The TVS Star City Plus has also bagged the title of ‘No.1 Economy Motorcycle In 2018'.
The last update of the TVS Star City happened back in September 2017. It brought a refreshed design language, metal ‘TVS' badging and an all-black theme. The Star City Plus also comes with alloy wheels, plus some other features which can be expected at its price point.
The new dual-tone version of the TVS Star City is available in Black-Red, Black-Blue and Red-Black combinations, in addition to the Grey-Black finish of the launch version. The TVS Star City Plus primarily rivals the Yamaha Saluto RX, Honda Dream Yuga and Bajaj Discover 110.
Thoughts On The New TVS Star City Plus
The TVS Star City is a really good product in the 110cc commuter motorcycle segment in India, with enough features and style. Though the new dual-tone version doesn't bring any major changes to the existing model, the addition of the combined braking system is worth mentioning. TVS is aiming big and really pushing themselves by launching many products in a short span of time.