- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Announces Cool Your Car Campaign For Its Customers: Details & More!
- 1 hr ago Ford India Hikes Prices Of All Its Models: Ford Endeavour, Figo, Aspire, Ecosport Prices Increased
- 2 hrs ago Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- 2 hrs ago Kia Sonet HTX Variant Spied At Dealership: Get's A Few Additional Features!
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccination For Over 18 Years Starts On 1 May And Vaccine Registration Starts On 28 April
- Movies Sonu Sood Tests Negative For COVID-19; Posts Masked Up Picture To Share The News
- News Wear face masks, follow COVID guidelines or face another lockdown: Imran Khan warns people
- Travel 10 Best Beaches In India To Visit This Summer 2021
- Sports IPL 2021, PBKS vs MI Match 17 Live Updates: Mumbai, Punjab look to get back among wins
- Education JKSSB Result 2021 Released For Various Posts Under PM Package
- Finance COVID Crises: Banks To Work From 10AM-2PM, Offering Only Basic Services
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
TVS Motor Company has launched a new dual-tone variant of their Star City Plus commuter motorcycle, at Rs 52,907 ex-showroom (Delhi). The new TVS Star City Plus (or City+) variant comes with a Grey-Black dual-tone paint scheme which extends to the mirrors too.
Other additions include Synchronized Braking Technology (SBT) — TVS's form of Combination Braking System. The system was also introduced in the recently-launched TVS Radeon commuter motorcycle.
SBT applies brakes on both the wheels in an efficient manner, even when only one lever is pressed. This ensures better control of the motorcycle under braking while also aiding more riding confidence. In fact, TVS Motor Company is the only manufacturer which offers this system in the 110cc motorcycle segment.
The new TVS Star City Plus employs the same engine as on the regular model. The 109cc ‘Ecothrust' air-cooled engine makes 8.3bhp and 8.7Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 4-speed gearbox.
The TVS Star City Plus is one of the best commuter motorcycles on the market right now and has won many awards over the years. The TVS motorcycle has also been the top-ranked model in J D Power customer survey, consistently for the last three years. The TVS Star City Plus has also bagged the title of ‘No.1 Economy Motorcycle In 2018'.
The last update of the TVS Star City happened back in September 2017. It brought a refreshed design language, metal ‘TVS' badging and an all-black theme. The Star City Plus also comes with alloy wheels, plus some other features which can be expected at its price point.
The new dual-tone version of the TVS Star City is available in Black-Red, Black-Blue and Red-Black combinations, in addition to the Grey-Black finish of the launch version. The TVS Star City Plus primarily rivals the Yamaha Saluto RX, Honda Dream Yuga and Bajaj Discover 110.
Thoughts On The New TVS Star City Plus
The TVS Star City is a really good product in the 110cc commuter motorcycle segment in India, with enough features and style. Though the new dual-tone version doesn't bring any major changes to the existing model, the addition of the combined braking system is worth mentioning. TVS is aiming big and really pushing themselves by launching many products in a short span of time.