- 1 day ago Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Taigun Launched In India At Rs 10.49 Lakh: All You Need To Know
- 2 days ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 2 days ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- News Quad leaders' summit: Here's what Modi, Biden, Morrison and Suga said in opening remarks
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale Up To 80% Discount Offers On Electronics And Accessories
- Sports IPL 2021: RCB vs CSK: Full List of Award Winners, Man of the Match, Post-match Presentation Highlights
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Movies KBC 13: Suniel Shetty And Jackie Shroff Grace The Hot Seat, Share Some Fun Moments With Amitabh Bachchan
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Lifestyle Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
TVS Motor Company has launched a new dual-tone variant of their Star City Plus commuter motorcycle, at Rs 52,907 ex-showroom (Delhi). The new TVS Star City Plus (or City+) variant comes with a Grey-Black dual-tone paint scheme which extends to the mirrors too.
Other additions include Synchronized Braking Technology (SBT) — TVS's form of Combination Braking System. The system was also introduced in the recently-launched TVS Radeon commuter motorcycle.
SBT applies brakes on both the wheels in an efficient manner, even when only one lever is pressed. This ensures better control of the motorcycle under braking while also aiding more riding confidence. In fact, TVS Motor Company is the only manufacturer which offers this system in the 110cc motorcycle segment.
The new TVS Star City Plus employs the same engine as on the regular model. The 109cc ‘Ecothrust' air-cooled engine makes 8.3bhp and 8.7Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 4-speed gearbox.
The TVS Star City Plus is one of the best commuter motorcycles on the market right now and has won many awards over the years. The TVS motorcycle has also been the top-ranked model in J D Power customer survey, consistently for the last three years. The TVS Star City Plus has also bagged the title of ‘No.1 Economy Motorcycle In 2018'.
The last update of the TVS Star City happened back in September 2017. It brought a refreshed design language, metal ‘TVS' badging and an all-black theme. The Star City Plus also comes with alloy wheels, plus some other features which can be expected at its price point.
The new dual-tone version of the TVS Star City is available in Black-Red, Black-Blue and Red-Black combinations, in addition to the Grey-Black finish of the launch version. The TVS Star City Plus primarily rivals the Yamaha Saluto RX, Honda Dream Yuga and Bajaj Discover 110.
Thoughts On The New TVS Star City Plus
The TVS Star City is a really good product in the 110cc commuter motorcycle segment in India, with enough features and style. Though the new dual-tone version doesn't bring any major changes to the existing model, the addition of the combined braking system is worth mentioning. TVS is aiming big and really pushing themselves by launching many products in a short span of time.