- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 18 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 19 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days Sale: Republic Day Offers On Electronics And Other Accessories Gadgets
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
TVS Motor Company has launched a new dual-tone variant of their Star City Plus commuter motorcycle, at Rs 52,907 ex-showroom (Delhi). The new TVS Star City Plus (or City+) variant comes with a Grey-Black dual-tone paint scheme which extends to the mirrors too.
Other additions include Synchronized Braking Technology (SBT) — TVS's form of Combination Braking System. The system was also introduced in the recently-launched TVS Radeon commuter motorcycle.
SBT applies brakes on both the wheels in an efficient manner, even when only one lever is pressed. This ensures better control of the motorcycle under braking while also aiding more riding confidence. In fact, TVS Motor Company is the only manufacturer which offers this system in the 110cc motorcycle segment.
The new TVS Star City Plus employs the same engine as on the regular model. The 109cc ‘Ecothrust' air-cooled engine makes 8.3bhp and 8.7Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 4-speed gearbox.
The TVS Star City Plus is one of the best commuter motorcycles on the market right now and has won many awards over the years. The TVS motorcycle has also been the top-ranked model in J D Power customer survey, consistently for the last three years. The TVS Star City Plus has also bagged the title of ‘No.1 Economy Motorcycle In 2018'.
The last update of the TVS Star City happened back in September 2017. It brought a refreshed design language, metal ‘TVS' badging and an all-black theme. The Star City Plus also comes with alloy wheels, plus some other features which can be expected at its price point.
The new dual-tone version of the TVS Star City is available in Black-Red, Black-Blue and Red-Black combinations, in addition to the Grey-Black finish of the launch version. The TVS Star City Plus primarily rivals the Yamaha Saluto RX, Honda Dream Yuga and Bajaj Discover 110.
Thoughts On The New TVS Star City Plus
The TVS Star City is a really good product in the 110cc commuter motorcycle segment in India, with enough features and style. Though the new dual-tone version doesn't bring any major changes to the existing model, the addition of the combined braking system is worth mentioning. TVS is aiming big and really pushing themselves by launching many products in a short span of time.