TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
The TVS iQube was first showcased back at the 2010 Auto Expo. The hybrid scooter comes with a 100cc engine along with an electric motor. The electric motor will be mounted at the scooters hub and will come with two battery options, 150Wh and 500Wh.
The electric motors will be controlled by the economy and power riding modes on the scooter. The TVS iQube will run purely through electric power when it is below 20km/h. Above this speed, the petrol engine will kick in to deliver the power.
The TVS iQube will retain the same overall design as showcased. However, the company will introduce the scooter in a set of new bright colours.
The company has been planning on launching the hybrid scooter into the Indian market for some time now. With the various state governments now taking interest in electric vehicles in the country. TVS has finally decided to put the hybrid scooter into production.
The TVS iQube once launched in India, will be priced competitively. This is due to the scooter benefiting from the government's FAME subsidy.
The current ‘Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid & Electric Vehicles in India' (FAME) subsidy structure is valid only until the end of September 2018. The government is already working on the second phase of FAME. This phase two of the subsidy claims to be more supportive than the first.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 and 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The TVS iQube India Launch
The TVS iQube was first showcased at the 2010 Auto Expo. However, the company went ahead with the production of the hybrid scooter. Now with the growing interest towards electric vehicles in India, it seems to be the right time to launch an eco-friendly hybrid scooter.