TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
The TVS iQube was first showcased back at the 2010 Auto Expo. The hybrid scooter comes with a 100cc engine along with an electric motor. The electric motor will be mounted at the scooters hub and will come with two battery options, 150Wh and 500Wh.
The electric motors will be controlled by the economy and power riding modes on the scooter. The TVS iQube will run purely through electric power when it is below 20km/h. Above this speed, the petrol engine will kick in to deliver the power.
The TVS iQube will retain the same overall design as showcased. However, the company will introduce the scooter in a set of new bright colours.
The company has been planning on launching the hybrid scooter into the Indian market for some time now. With the various state governments now taking interest in electric vehicles in the country. TVS has finally decided to put the hybrid scooter into production.
The TVS iQube once launched in India, will be priced competitively. This is due to the scooter benefiting from the government's FAME subsidy.
The current ‘Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid & Electric Vehicles in India' (FAME) subsidy structure is valid only until the end of September 2018. The government is already working on the second phase of FAME. This phase two of the subsidy claims to be more supportive than the first.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 and 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The TVS iQube India Launch
The TVS iQube was first showcased at the 2010 Auto Expo. However, the company went ahead with the production of the hybrid scooter. Now with the growing interest towards electric vehicles in India, it seems to be the right time to launch an eco-friendly hybrid scooter.