TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The TVS Apache RTR 200 FI Ethanol was showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The Apache RTR Ethanol features a green body graphics, to stand apart from its petrol-powered siblings. Besides that, the Apache RTR 200 Ethanol features the same design of the regular model.
TVS claims that the Apache RTR Ethanol reduces emissions by a good margin. Emissions including oxides of carbon, sulphur dioxide and particulates, cause substantial harm to the environment. Ethanol, being non-toxic and biodegradable, is much more eco-friendly than regular petrol.
TVS Apache RTR 200 Ethanol Design
As told earlier, the Apache RTR Ethanol looks identical to the regular model, except for the green graphics. The TVS Apache RTR 200 comes with LED DRLs, split-seats, edgy body panels, anodised-gold telescopic forks and an LED tail lamp.
TVS Apache RTR 200 Ethanol Engine Features
The Apache RTR 200 Ethanol makes use of the existing 197.75cc air/oil-cooled fuel-injected engine, putting out 20.7bhp and 18.1Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The TVS Apache Ethanol variant gets a ‘Twin-Spray-Twin-Port' Electronic Fuel-Injection technology. TVS claims that it aids in a faster throttle response.
Though most petrol engines can run on ethanol, some level of modifications need to be done on the engine to ensure its reliability. The Apache RTR Ethanol variant runs on E85-Ethanol (not widely sold in India) that is derived from plant matter. This ethanol variant has got 25% oxygen in it.
TVS Apache RTR 200 Ethanol Safety Features
Like the regular version, the TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol comes with tubeless tyres (90/90 R17 and 130/70 R17) that offer decent amount of grip. The Apache RTR Ethanol also gets 270mm and 240mm, front and rear petal-disc brakes.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR Ethanol Top Features
Ethanol fuel, being non-toxic and biodegradable, causes very less harm to the environment. However, ethanol-based engines consume more fuel than regular petrol, ultimately affecting the mileage figures. If ethanol is to be widely used in India, the import cost of regular fuels can be cut down by a huge margin.
TVS has not made any comments about a possible TVS Apache RTR 200 Ethanol launch, but it is interesting to see manufacturers coming up with projects aimed at a greener planet.