TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
TVS Apache RTR Race Edition launched in India. TVS has launched the new Race Edition variant of the Apache RTR 160. The motorcycle features only cosmetic updates in the form of new Race Edition graphics.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 Race Edition is priced similar to the Matte Red edition which was launched in 2017. The front disc variant of the bike is priced at Rs 79,715 and the rear disc brake variant of the Race Edition model carries a price tag of Rs 82,044. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The newly launched Apache RTR 160 Race Edition is available only in white colour with red graphics on the front mudguard, fuel tank and rear cowl. The Apache RTR 160 Race Edition also gets a 3D TVS logo on the fuel tank which was first seen on the RR 310.
On the mechanical front, the TVS Apache RTR 160 Race Edition remains unchanged. The bike draws power from the existing 159.7cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 14.9bhp and 13.03Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The TVS Apache RTR 160 Race Edition is equipped with telescopic forks up front and dual shock absorbers at the rear. Breaking duties are handled by 270mm petal disc at the front and 200mm disc or 130mm drum at the rear.
Apart from the new body graphics and the new TVS insignia, the rest of the bike remains identical to the standard model. The Apache RTR 160 Race Edition does not get ABS at least as an option. But as per new regulations, all the existing two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS from April 2019.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR 160 Race Edition
TVS recently launched the Race Edition variant of the Apache RTR 200 4V and now the company has introduced the Race Edition of the Apache RTR 160. The bike gets new Race Edition graphics. The Apache RTR 160 Race Edition rivals the likes of Bajaj Pulsar NS160, Honda CB Hornet 160R, Suzuki Gixxer and Yamaha FZ V2.